New GMG.com Now Displays NT's Official Shade of

Of course, the new revised GMG.com message board's darker shade of green is the color that NT has switched to (not the ligher shade displayed).

But until most Metroplex and Texas vendors catch on that NT is back to using kelly green (which might be a year or more), some of us may not want to wait for that group to get with the program. So with that in mind.......what outlets are any of you finding sports gear, t-shirts, shoes, etc, in NORTH TEXAS kelly green? At this time, most likely kelly green gear without any NT logos or initials on it, although some of us may do our own thing for now (still following Collegiate Sports licensing guidelines, of course).

Wanna' share that info with the rest of us if you have seen kelly green stuff in whatever retail centers or stores? Thanks in advance...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Some of us will continue to wear the hunter green as a matter of choice, because it's more attractive.

The dark green is nice and most of my NT stuff is still in hunter green, but the darker green is not TV-camera friendly as it all but comes off as a non-green. Of course, there was a time when it wouldn't have mattered what green we wore at all, but our Mean Green football team has become very TV-friendly themselves the last few years with all their ESPN television appearances.

Wonder where one could find golf shirts that would have a combo of both kelly and hunter green? That might be the ticket for the time being.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Went to the UNT bookstore 2 weeks ago - they had some new stuff. I got a T-shirt that is the new green with white print. It doesn't have the new Eagle which bugged me, but I wanted to get something new. I'll have to check back for shirts with the eagle.

They had some with them on there, but the shirts were all white, grey or black. What's up with that?

Went to the UNT bookstore 2 weeks ago - they had some new stuff.  I got a T-shirt that is the new green with white print.  It doesn't have the new Eagle which bugged me, but I wanted to get something new.  I'll have to check back for shirts with the eagle. 

They had some with them on there, but the shirts were all white, grey or black.  What's up with that?

Since the NT Branding Gang of ? spent some nice bucks with all the new NT logos and things, I wonder if they thought about budgeting monies as to distribute news releases from campus about all these most important changes? Such news releases to retailers who would need to know about all these changes from the git-go since they are the ones who will be selling Mean Green gear for the NT constiituency to purhcase? Word of mouth seems to be popular in Denton and is certainly inexpensive, but it does seem to be a very slow process.sad.gif

Again for those looking, the Finish Line has some very nice kelly green t-shirts of nice quality: 5 for $20

To Harry/Cerebus: Has the shade of green on this board gotten darker in the last few hours? I know yall have been tweaking the board, but what appeared to be kelly green yesterday seems to be a darker shade of green today. smile.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Some of us will continue to wear the hunter green as a matter of choice, because it's more attractive.

Exactly. I, for one, really liked the hunter green and do not enjoy the kelly so much. The darker shade looks better, gives a tougher appearance while the "kelly" (isn't that a girl's name???) looks more meeker...

Exactly.  I, for one, really liked the hunter green and do not enjoy the kelly so much.  The darker shade looks better, gives a tougher appearance while the "kelly" (isn't that a girl's name???) looks more meeker...

Of course, if there are 30,500 NT fans all wearing hunter or forest green at each home game this Fall, that would not be a problem with this alum.

Jim if you don't like the Kelly green we could always go to John Deere green.  It is about the same shade.  What do you think?????

Actually, I like the kelly green for the TV cameras and all the crowd shots from those TV cameras this Fall.

I prefer wearing the dark green, but (after all) it is a new era in MG Country so I'm not going to fight it, but rather join it by looking for and buying kelly green shirts, etc, etc, in the next few weeks. Hard to believe we have a football game in less than a month.

PS Don, did you get your voice mail from me the other day on my trip to a sporting goods store in North Richland Hills? I work 11am--8:00pm today, so I'll get back with you with what I found sometimes later today.

I went over to the bookstore about 30 minutes ago. There are about 74 different shades of green available at the current time. Dark green, kelly green, forest green, green, you name it!

You can get dark green shirts with the new logo, white shirts with the new eagle logo (in new green), kelly green shirts with pink lettering, etc.

Some of the campus signs have been changed to the new logo font. If you walk between Marquis Hall and the GAB, there are two different colors of green signs with the old UNT logo. Turn towards Terrell and Marquis Hall has a sign with the new UNT logo, but still in dark green.

The change-over appears to be going very smoothly. biggrin.gif

Are you talking about Academy?

Bill, that would be BJ's Athletic & Embroidering (or something like that) on Grapevine Hwy (Hwy 26) in NRH that do many area sports team's unis.

BJ's also has a wide assortment of caps which I've purchased in recent years and had my own NT cap made at a Ridgmar Mall kiost. The jagged edge cap (made by Kati) was one of those that I had "NT" put on a couple years ago.