Academic woes hit NT football

MeanGreen61

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do the admission standards of U of H, Texas Tech and North Texas differ?  Anyone know where to find such info?

Here is the comparision between the 3 schools based on class rank for h.s. seniors and SAT scores

UNT- 1st Quarter: 950 - 2nd Quarter: 1050 - Lower half: 1180

Tech - 1st Quarter:1140 - 2nd Quarter: 1230 - Lower half: 1270

UH - 1st Quarter:970 - 2nd Quarter:1050 - Lower Half:1050-1180

*Oviously Top 10% get automatic admission

But all this info is off the individual school websites for freshman admission. I wasn't aware that UNT had established a minimum SAT requirement for People in the 10-25% in Class Rank since when I applied in 2002 for admission, Top quarter rank got you automaticly in the University.

----If you ever had a II-S (or II-A) classification instead of I-A you had a deferment. You did not exactly request a deferment. North Texas and other colleges automaticly mailed your draft board a statement of enrollment. It was in you college registration papers (at least that is the way it was in (1962-66) and (67-68)) that you receieved each semester. You were suppose to carry the classification card in your wallet at all times... that is the card several people burned instead of their draft registration card.

If you never had a card then maybe you didn't register for the draft...which was a crime if caught but I suspect you registered because getting caught was easy, especially if you attended college.. You may not have been called for a physical because of the lottery system put in later (Fall of 68) and you had a really late number.. The second option was you were older than I am and got to age 26 before they needed you. My physical was before the lottery system was put in place.

I had a lottery number of 222.

I wasn't aware that UNT had established a minimum SAT requirement for People in the 10-25% in Class Rank since when I applied in 2002 for admission, Top quarter rank got you automaticly in the University.

If you are in the top quarter a minimum of 950 should not be much of a threat.