All-Time Favorite Ath. Dept. Ticket Manager

SUMG

1. Ah hell, what was that guy's name? He was the ticket manager 3-4 managers ago. Nice kid. Helped me out when they screwed up my season tickets.

2. Ah heck, that lady that was ticket manager back for about 6 months back in '82. Can't remember her name. She helped me out once, when they screwed up my season tickets.

3. That old guy who was always really friendly when you went in to buy tickets. He was probably about 10-11 ticket managers ago.......so this probably goes all the way back to '99 or so.

4. The current guy. Nice kid.

5. The Siamese twins who were our ticket manager back in '84. The one was really nice, even though his twin obviously didn't want to work there. The nice one once helped me out, when there was a screw up with my season tickets.

6. The deaf and dumb mute who was our ticket manager back in '88. Really nice guy. It is because of him, that I now know sign language for, "Say, what happened to my season tickets?"

7. Oh, that guy.....5-6 ticket managers ago. Will always be a saint in my book, because he moved PMG out of my section. Thank you, whatever the heck your name was.

That's just a short list.

• Downvote 1

1. Ah hell, what was that guy's name? He was the ticket manager 3-4 managers ago. Nice kid. Helped me out when they screwed up my season tickets.

2. Ah heck, that lady that was ticket manager back for about 6 months back in '82. Can't remember her name. She helped me out once, when they screwed up my season tickets.

3. That old guy who was always really friendly when you went in to buy tickets. He was probably about 10-11 ticket managers ago.......so this probably goes all the way back to '99 or so.

4. The current guy. Nice kid.

5. The Siamese twins who were our ticket manager back in '84. The one was really nice, even though his twin obviously didn't want to work there. The nice one once helped me out, when there was a screw up with my season tickets.

6. The deaf and dumb mute who was our ticket manager back in '88. Really nice guy. It is because of him, that I now know sign language for, "Say, what happened to my season tickets?"

7. Oh, that guy.....5-6  ticket managers ago. Will always be a saint in my book, because he moved PMG out of my section. Thank you, whatever the heck your name was.

That's just a short list.

I love your post, SUMG, but I always enjoyed PMG in your section. I sit 15 rows up the nose bleed section. I'm so far up on the press box side of Fouts Field, that the stadium lights are below me. I do get dizzy alot, though, and it's a country mile to the restroom, but as long as the security guys ain't looking, I just lean over the edge. Oh, well! Great, funny post, John.

I love your post, SUMG, but I always enjoyed PMG in your section. I sit 15 rows up the nose bleed section. I'm so far up on the press box side of Fouts Field, that the stadium lights are below me. I do get dizzy alot, though, and it's a country mile to the restroom, but as long as the security guys ain't looking, I just lean over the edge. Oh, well! Great, funny post, John.

Rick, you are in a most benevolent mood today because in 2 posts today you said you "wuv'd" SUMG and my posts. What's going on on the home front to get you in such a good mood, Rick?!? rolleyes.gif

Anyway..........SUMG, I was really looking for yet another poll when I first read your subject line, but maybe we need a break from polls every once in a while, eh? laugh.gif

Hilarious post, though. SUMG. tongue.gif

AN NT TICKET OFFICE EXPERIENCE: I took a fellow alum to the NT ticket office post-Kids Korner and he (not knowing anyone in the athletic department) commented on how rude an NT athletic official was to the both of us. In fact, he was so pissed he almost backed out of buying anything from NORTH TEXAS that day. I just grinned, told him not to be like the other 15,000 (ie, empty seats) who also don't buy from NT and to just ignore the immaturity and then urged him to go on & make his purchase anyway--he did.

I later briefed our fellow alum about how if you are a bit too opinionated (like most of us on GMG.com seem to be) OR have too many opinions that differ from a handful at NORTH TEXAS that that was the kind of treatment and (sometimes) lack of maturity you could expect from a few. He rolled his eyes back asking, "aren't these state of Texas employees who are supposed to be serving the citizens of Texas, but moreso alums from the very school they get their pay checks?"

Our fellow alum then asked me how our average attendance at Fouts had been in recent years and if they even needed new customers like himself to buy season tickets after the attitude he had witnessed first hand that day. I told him we had plenty of seats to fill most any game and that most affiliated with NT would appreciate his purchase of season tickets.

Then he asked me if they knew I had been buying season tickets and/or attending NT football games for about as long as some of them were in age and would be buying them when NT became a distant memory for some of them. I was amused and then told our fellow alum that wherever they might go after they left NT (and that usually a smaller school if we can go by past history) that I'm sure they would not have to worry about being as customer-service oriented in a much smaller setting. rolleyes.gif

SUMG, you should have made this a poll with real life names from our glorious past in the NT ticket office because that would have made for a most interesting poll. laugh.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I believe that it was SMU grad Wayne Ray that was the ticket manager that got Plumm out of our section. Now I understand why he hates SMU. It has nothing to do with President Turner, Athletic Director Copeland or any of their obnoxious backers. Not even Rick's SMU neighbor. Hellsbells, Jim, I had no idea that you wanted to be another 50 yards away from the action. The current guy is as #4 says, a nice guy. Just say the word and we'll talk to him.

I believe that it was SMU grad Wayne Ray that was the ticket manager that got Plumm out of our section.  Now I understand why he hates SMU.  It has nothing to do with President Turner, Athletic Director Copeland or any of their obnoxious backers.  Not even Rick's SMU neighbor.  Hellsbells, Jim, I had no idea that you wanted to be another 50 yards away from the action.  The current guy is as #4 says, a nice guy.  Just say the word and we'll talk to him.

Actually, I went to Lower Section E because it seemed 50 yards closer than Upper Section E, Jack.smile.gif

I guess the upside to (sometimes) poor customer service at NT thru the decades is that I didn't have to fight to get four 50 yard line season tickets. Just had to give some to the Mean Green Club, that's all.

And SMU? Just wait till there is another conference that NT so desires to be affiliated that SMU has some kind of say, because it will be at that time when history will once again repeat. Like my late sainted mother used to tell me, "Son, you can't take stripes off a zebra." Of course, Mustangs don't have stripes now do they?

Anyone in Green Country would have to admit that when it concerns NORTH TEXAS, there seems to be a trend we can most always depend on transpiring when it comes to SMU and I don't think that will much change in the rest of our lifetimes OR in some of our young gun alums lifetimes for what its worth.

NT Athetic Ticket Manager: 2005 Version? I don't even know who the latest in a very long list of NT ticket mananger is this time around because I don't concern myself with that kind of thing any longer. All I want to see from that group is what kind of plan of action they come up with to fill the 15,000 empty seats that we seem to be stuck on not filling most years; and of course, a new stadium wouldn't hurt the cause, either. Remains to be seen if this group can solve either, because I think most of us would be happy with even just 1 out of 2 on those present obstacles.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think Gabe is our current ticket manager. That's why, even though this thread was started for humorous reasons....I did include response #4 , so that the current crew wouldn't think I was aiming my barbs at them.

For I can say, that Gabe and Ryan have been excellent, in any dealings that I have had with either of them. They and Mandy, have given me great customer service.

So, kudos to those three.

I think Gabe is our current ticket manager. That's why, even though this thread was started for humorous reasons....I did include response #4 , so that the current crew wouldn't think I was aiming my barbs at them.

For I can say, that Gabe and Ryan have been excellent, in any dealings that I have had with either of them. They and Mandy, have given me great customer service.

So, kudos to those three.

In all fairness, Gabe has been very polite and professional the few times I've called wanting some ticket info.

NT Athetic Ticket Manager:  2005 Version?  I don't even know who the latest in a very long list of NT ticket mananger is this time around because I don't concern myself with that kind of thing any longer.    All I want to see from that group is what kind of plan of action they come up with to fill the 15,000 empty seats that we seem to be stuck on not filling most years;  and of course, a new stadium wouldn't hurt the cause, either.  Remains to be seen if this group can solve either, because I think most of us would be happy with even just 1 out of 2 on those present obstacles.

Jim, correct me if I am wrong, I don't think that it's the ticket manager's job to formulate a plan for putting butts in the seats. It seems to me that duty should fall to the, pick one: Director of Promotions, Director of Sales & Marketing, or Assistant AD for Sales and Development. I believe that would be Jamie Adams, Ryan Barnhart and Paul Batchelder respectively.

We promoted the old Director of Promotions, Brian Bethea, for whatever reason. He's now in charge of operations and championship events and maybe that's his niche.

I also noticed that we have a new Director of Athletic Development. I'll gladly withhold any judgment until he's had a little time to establish a network of potential donors. Who knows? Maybe we'll have that new stadium soon. I am disappointed that my friend, Chuck Vinson, didn't get that job. I think that they feared that he might tap his donor sources to the detriment of the Academic Development Office, where he still works.

I also noticed that we have a new Director of Athletic Development.  I'll gladly withhold any judgment until he's had a little time to establish a network of potential donors.  Who knows?  Maybe we'll have that new stadium soon.  I am disappointed that my friend, Chuck Vinson, didn't get that job.  I think that they feared that he might tap his donor sources to the detriment of the Academic Development Office, where he still works.

A definite no comment laugh.gifph34r.gif

Jim, correct me if I am wrong, I don't think that it's the ticket manager's job to formulate a plan for putting butts in the seats. It seems to me that duty should fall to the, pick one: Director of Promotions, Director of Sales & Marketing, or Assistant AD for Sales and Development. I believe that would be Jamie Adams, Ryan Barnhart and Paul Batchelder respectively.

We promoted the old Director of Promotions, Brian Bethea, for whatever reason. He's now in charge of operations and championship events and maybe that's his niche.

I also noticed that we have a new Director of Athletic Development. I'll gladly withhold any judgment until he's had a little time to establish a network of potential donors. Who knows? Maybe we'll have that new stadium soon. I am disappointed that my friend, Chuck Vinson, didn't get that job. I think that they feared that he might tap his donor sources to the detriment of the Academic Development Office, where he still works.

laugh.gif Jack, it appears to be no one's job to formulate a plan of action (and then act) to put more butts in seats!

AN IDEA? It was mentioned to me by another fellow alum, Jack, but why don't we utilize the marketing company that spent one entire summer helping us get our (then) largest crowd at Fouts Field first time we played Baylor in the extreme heat back in 2000. Rice U I believe used these same people with equal results according to that fellow alum.

<>*<> This NORTH TEXAS MEAN GREEN football team deserves no less in the attendance department in Denton and especially at our home opener against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (who I believe will bring 2 or 3,000 fans of their own).

We just need to have many, many, many tickets sold for our home season opener before we tee it up with the LSU Tigers, that's all. wink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen