Voertmans

NT91

Does Voertmans have any new logo items? 

Click on the link for Voertmans. See the Daffy Eagle hat in the image? They still have some of those or at least they did a month or two back when I was last in there. This is an example of merchandise stuck on the shelf that will not move. It's at least three years removed from the CLC sheets, possibly four?

Voertmans and other national chain bookstores like them can recover from this. But your locally owned merchant doesn't have that luxery. Now with the new logos coming out and many to choose from, they will again be stuck with previous NT stuff that didn't sell and they won't soon forget it and how we have a history of changing logos all the time. Thus, they will be very reluctant to buy. Their suppliers, the manufacturers of this stuff, will more often than not require them to pay in full for everything up front.

EX: I want to buy a plastic NT Eagle car decal to sell in my store. The manufacturer say's ok, your cost will be $5 each but your minimum order is 2,000 to offset my expense for my design work, my additional CLC license I must apply for to produce it and the cost to manufacture the molds because we do not get many request for NT Eagle decals and you will more than likely be the only one. The retail cost for our product is $8.50 and we will require you to sell them for no more than that.

So the local vendor must invest $10,000 for his/her order. Then they must be able to sell 1,176 tiny car emblems at $8.50 each just to recover the investment. Being faced with the task to move 1,176 items of one product of a school that still has merchandise sitting on shelves from the previous set of logos, a school with a history of changing logos every 5 or so years, is more than enough to give the vendor second thoughts about ordering items from North Texas to sell in the DFW region when they can easily just sell merchandise from another competing school with a well known, standard logo.

The above product example was an actual conversation between GREENSTOCK and AUTOEMBLEM which is located in Colorado. They basically told me they would rather continue to manufacture products for the NFL, NASCAR and the top selling collegiate schools than to bear the cost of producing molds for unknown programs such as NT because of getting stuck with a mold that would only be used once.

Craig Helwig stuck us good when he took us into a national license where the manufacturing and selling of our products are so tightly regulated that only the BIG MONEY manufacturers and vendors(bookstores) can afford to get involved.

I bitched and complained about it and no one would listen. I bitched about the colors and told you the crap wouldn't sell, especially when all we were going to do is lose our ass each season with that rediculous schedule he set up for us, and no one would listen until only recently. Bye bye to blue and orange. Still, the university marks are more of the same and I'm not completely sold on all the athletic marks either.

At least this time we have a winning program to help launch this stuff? It would be nice if the university could help RV out and show a good faith move to the vendors and buy up their remaining crap and GIVE them some free samples to sell for profit. But that aint gonna happen. Unless they have some trick up their sleeve it's going to take a lot more winning and several years for it to be available as we all believe it should be. Beating LSU would be a nice start for sure.

Rick

I was in Denton today. Whent by the union and bought the gray T with the eagle "North Texas" also bought the green T with eagle and "Mean Green" on the back with small "UNT" on the front.

My son likes the new logo. He also likes the worm helmet out of all of NT's helmets.

• 3 months later...

I like the shirt and logo on back, but I wish they would have made the font solid with no border.

For those who like the dark, dark green--there's your shirt. And how it shows up on you computer screen now is just how it will look on national TV when we host ESPN and Troy U and when the TV cameras scan our fans for crowd shots. Oh well, we are a most diversified MG Nation now aren't we? laugh.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Went by today. They have more new font and logo items in stock. "North Texas" t-shirt new font. Polo shirts in gray and black with new eagle "Mean Green".

Went by the union. Bought a kelly green "North Texas Mean Green" t-shirt $12.00