North Texas vs. Tenn-Chattanooga Game Thread

Smokey

Sounds like we're really getting homered by the f***ing refs up there. I mean we go on an 8-0 run, and Johnny gets hit with a "T". I really doubt that JJ was that rude, considering that his team was hot.

Edited by SUMG

UTC 72 UNT 56

Even though the refereeing left a lot to be desired (in the first half).....we lost because we were incredibly cold tonight. Calvin Watson, who averages 14ppg......fouled out with zero points.

We play Tennessee-Martin tomorrow at 4:30.........

UNT's record is now 6-4.

I was at the game....the ref'ing was bad, but both ways. Everybody there agreed it was an ugly game, both teams played hard, but it was hard to watch the game, turnovers, bricks being shot, etc by both teams.

With regards to the Technical, your coach did pitch a nice fit, jacket came off and went flying...I was suprised when it happened because yall had just hit a three point shot and it seemed to stop your own momentum.

Yall should win tomorrow night.

This loss can be considered a bad loss b/c UT-C was ranked below us in RPI, similar to TCU, we have our chance to prove something and we blow it, who knows why lack of practice or what but it sounds like the offense was very out of synch.

The really must win the next game because I do not believe either team was in the Top 150, UT-C was around 72.

Both teams had obvious rust from the holiday layoff (the first game of the night between UTM and BSC was pretty ugly too), but part of the reason that the Mean Green struggled is because they played a good defensive team...the Mocs are ranked in the top 30 nationally in 3 defensive categories (top 20 in field goal percentage allowed), they have outrebounded the likes of Ohio State and VA Tech on the road, and played on their home court.

And "bad loss" just depends on which RPI report you read. CBS sportsline had the Mocs behind NT at 72, But KenPom.com (Ken Pomeroy) and CollegeRPI.com (Jetty Palm) both had the Mocs in the top 50...both ahead of NorthTexas.

It was a fun game to watch, both the Mocs and the Green's are very athletic so you knew a somewhat sloppy game would ensue...both teams played tough under the basket...I always like a game when teams really battle for the boards.