T.O. gets what was coming to him

Roy Williams broke Terrell Owens' leg with that nasty tackle yesterday. Owens is out for the year unless Philly makes the Super Bowl and he may be able to play in that.

I don't have a problem with the "fun" things he did like the pom poms, that was fine. But when he went out of his way to embarrass the opposing team, like with Ray Lewis, the sharpie, and the blasphemy on the star at Texas Stadium, he went over the line and it did not exactly endear himself to me or most football fans. He is a selfish self-absorbed prima donna, that makes it worse by being a hypocrite and saying that isn't really him and he is a good guy and doesn't get in trouble. If that isn't really you...then don't DO IT!

But, because he does do crap like that, his going down with an injury probably made almost every football fan smile. To top it off, that it happend in the same city where the fans cheered Michael Irvin being carted off with a broken neck, and the Philly fans probably got what was coming to them too. I'm also glad that my favorite football player got to do the honor. This and the Seattle game are the few things that were something to salvage this season.

This is the second broken leg of the season inflicted by Roy Williams, and I was thinking of a list of players he has hurt. Like I said before on here, I'm glad he is on our side!

Terrell Owens (broke leg)

Musa Smith (broke leg)

Emmitt Smith (broke collarbone)

Kurt Warner (broke finger)

Who am I leaving off?

PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia Eagles star receiver Terrell Owens will miss the rest of the regular season and possibly the playoffs and Super Bowl with torn ligaments in his right ankle.

Owens needs surgery and stands only an outside chance of being able to play in the Super Bowl on Feb. 6 if the Eagles make it that far, head trainer Rick Burkholder said.

Note from SUMG: I don't like to see anyone get injured.....but I do love the fact that this puts a big ole monkey wrench in those Philly Eagle Super Bowl plans.

Terrell Owens gets paid to be an entertainer and that's what he does. I think his stunts are great. Actually gives me a reason to watch pro football. The sharpie incident, come on, why didn't anyone give him props for that? They acted like he pulled out a knife and not a freakin marker. Too bad for T.O., that's one less great player to watch in the playoffs.

Great player......yes

Great person....NO

Enjoy your time off T.O.

See that's where I have to disagree. He does things on the field that are considered out of line, and runs his mouth a lot, but I dont think he's a bad guy for doing that. Isiah Thomas runs the Pacers and he's considered one of the more dirtier players of his era. I dont think anyone would say he's a bad guy though.

T.O. may have his on the field antics, but look at a lot of the NBA's star players. Even though both may have been wrongly accused, he's not getting a murder charge like Ray Lewis, or a rape charge like Kobe. Heck, I don't remember him even being in trouble with smokin the whacky tobacky.

Terrell Owens has some sort of complex where the spotlight must be on him at all times, and that really annoys a great number of people. If he had fun on the field and had entertaining celebrations like the pom pom dance, and didn't have to feel the need to demean others at every possible chance, then I agree that he would be a fun guy to watch.

Anyways, any self-respecting Cowboys fan should at the very least dislike Owens.

Edited by e-bone

Larry Bird runs the Pacers, Isiah is with the Knicks after he ran the ABA into bankruptcy and then was a very bad coach for the Pacers.

I don't know Terrell personally, but I will quote something I said in the first post.

He is a selfish self-absorbed prima donna, that makes it worse by being a hypocrite and saying that isn't really him and he is a good guy and doesn't get in trouble. If that isn't really you...then don't DO IT!

You are what you are. The part I deleted from my second post was saying it's not JUST the mocking of players and showing up defenders, it's the way he claims to be this man of God and then calls teammates he doesn't like gay, and has a naked chick jump in his arms on prime time national TV. I guess that's his way of spreading the good Word. I don't see anything he does that exhibits Christian values, but he uses that to make himself a martyr in clutches of the evil media that's out to make him look bad. I think it's great he doesn't get in trouble off the field, but when the cameras are rolling, I wish he would be good guy he claims to be. Maybe he can do some soul searching in his extra time.

My original points were this is poetic justice because:

1) Owens has mocked the Cowboys before, among many others and

2) the Philly fans cheered a Michael Irvin with a broken neck, and now their star WR is out for 5 weeks.

You can call it karma, what goes around comes around, the football gods dispensing justice, whatever, but it was very appropriate.

I dont really care about the christian and god stuff, but I understand your point of view. Although the whole outrage with the Desperate Housewife promo was a little over the top.

And I do agree with the broken neck Irvin deal, Philly fans have a reputation (no matter the sport) for being a bunch of heathens.

e-bone, no I'm a Seahawks fan.

You can call it karma, what goes around comes around, the football gods dispensing justice, whatever, but it was very appropriate.

I don't call Irvin's damn near paralizing injury and to's broken ankle karma. Ill wait till to goes to the hospital unconsious before I call karma.

But I won't be cheering when that happens, unlike fillie fans.

guys while im not a terrell owens fan i wish he didnt break his ankle for 3 reasons:

1) he is one of the best recievers in football and the game is deminished without him

2) he really is a good person. i read that he raised over 800 thousand for philadelphia youth groups this year...nobody talks about that because he dances.

3) when my panthers beat the Eagles in the NFC Title game we will hear the excuses.

and Cowboy fans who say the Eagles cheering irvin's injury are bad...well the ones who laughed at T.O. is just as bad.

he really is a good person. i read that he raised over 800 thousand for philadelphia youth groups this year...nobody talks about that because he dances.

It may be because he dances, calls out his coaches, calls teammates gay, calls respected front office guys and former players names, and mocks defenders when he scores. Take your pick. Oh, but he really is a good person, he just plays a d!ckh3ad on TV.

Cowboy fans who say the Eagles cheering irvin's injury are bad...well the ones who laughed at T.O. is just as bad.

There is a little difference. Terrell wasn't lying paralyzed on the turf. There is nothing funny about that no matter who it is. He walked off the field on his own. He is out 5 weeks, it is not career threatening. I know I didn't necessarily laugh, but had to smile at the irony.

Edited by Coach