UT/UNT TV Tonight! MG vs Horns BB

PlummMeanGreen

did anyone watch the game tonight.....just got in and saw the score and saw that it was bad....just wanted to know how we looked.

It looked pretty much exactly like the score looks......bad. Lets just hope we learn from this and regroup @ UT-Pan Am.

It was a 9 point game with about 4 minutes left in the first half, and then UT went on a run and took it to a 22 point lead at half time. We had a good run towards the middle of the second half and cut the lead to 14, but then UT went on their own run and got it back up to the mid to high 20s and that is how it ended.

Calvin Watson played pretty well, and he wasn't just settling for 3s. Marcus Mitchell played a very good game and headed the run in the second half that cut the lead to 14.

We just couldn't make our open shots and that will kill you, especially against someone like UT. We also allowed too many second and third opportunities.

did anyone watch the game tonight.....just got in and saw the score and saw that it was bad....just wanted to know how we looked.

UNT was playing a Top 15 team last night which would tend to expose weaknesses for any program that is still a work in progress.

Coach Johnny J still has some more recruiting to do, but from those of you who follow BB very close and follow his recruiting, he seems to be closing the gap on that, too.

We had open looks at three pointers but failed to hit them. I don't know what our shooting percentage was but it had to be low. In the post game press conference the two players (I forget who they were) said we just didn't try and settle into our offense in the first half. We were just throwing shots up that had no business being in the air. Texas guards did play tough. They were in our face all night and got a few too many steals. We need to handle the ball better.

Does Cooley still post? I'd like his take.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

One thing that stood out for me was the same thing that stood out in the Lamar game: Ill timed passes. Like Lamar, Texas was quick to pickoff some passes in the first half.

Wish NT could have held it a little closer to 20 or fewer points.

NT BB WOMEN'S TEAM HOSTS UT WOMEN THURSDAY 12-16 AT THE PIT.

I think I would like to go to that one. I think the game will be closer but the outcome will be the same. UT women are better then the men's team. NT woman's team is a little better than the men's team.

First off I do not want to sound like I’m making excuses, but Texas is ranked 14 in the nation for a reason. They are a talented deep team that plays exceptional on offense and even better on defense (NT shot just 31 percent from the field and hit only 5-of-28 threes). If NT had just shot decent from the field, it would have been respectable. I was also impressed with Isaac Hines rebounding.

We should have a chance to win the next 3. @ UT-Pan Am- (12-11), Southern (12-16), Southeast Missouri State (12-22).

Well, this was my first basketball game since graduating in 2000. Thanks to my favorite San Antonio alum and Rick V., we scored awesome seats.

I can't really "talk sports" but man, UT's guys dwarfed us. We had lots of trouble making shots. A little more accuracy and it wouldn't have been that bad.

On a side note, I hope Pit Crew is at least twice as loud as UT's O-Zone crowd. You call that spirit? If Pit Crew is anything like I imagine, they would put UT's group to shame.