basketball recruiting site for area players

giantbenmav

I hate to be a downer, but the State of Texas basketball is very weak. The reality is that anyone who is any good at basketball does one of two things: Goes to UT or goes out of state. Texas is a football state. This is evident by the game last year UNT vs. Indiana. The kid from down the street (The Colony) went to IU!

I love basketball. UNT used to be a really good basketball school (Joe Hamilton in the late 60, early 70s and the year UNT went to the NCAAs. I love UNT and the basketball team.

Maybe some day UNT can have a winning Football AND Basketball program.

It's people like you who keep trying to keep Texas and Mean Green Hoops down. I guess you would say the same about Florida and California? Football is huge there, isn't it? Indiana is probably the only state in the country you would call a "basketball state" as all of their school teams seem to stink at Football every year. Oops, the INDIANALPOLIS Colts are dang good, so, well, Indiana must be a Football state, too.

Please go to the Football board and worship there. We like the hoops here.

I hate to be a downer, but the State of Texas basketball is very weak. The reality is that anyone who is any good at basketball does one of two things: Goes to UT or goes out of state. Texas is a football state. This is evident by the game last year UNT vs. Indiana. The kid from down the street (The Colony) went to IU!

I love basketball. UNT used to be a really good basketball school (Joe Hamilton in the late 60, early 70s and the year UNT went to the NCAAs. I love UNT and the basketball team.

Maybe some day UNT can have a winning Football AND Basketball program.

Texas is one of, if not THE, top states for high school basketball prospects. You are right, the top players in Texas either go to UT or go to UCONN or where ever. That is why there is no reason that we can't start getting some of those top players that are leaving the state. JJ is starting to get some highly rated players from Texas, and I don't see why that trend won't continue because we have a great arena and are surrounded by highly rated prospects. The last part of the equation to moving to the next level is support for the team. We need people like you to come to games and not just make threads that start out "I hate to be a downer...". We talk about how little support the football team gets from the university, alumni, and students, but the problem is 100 times worse for the basketball teams. Just think if we could bring a recruit into the SuperPit and have him be awed by a 5000+ crowd, instead of a scattered 1000ish crowd.

College basketball isn't college football where you have to be in a BCS conference to be a top team in the country. And it doesn't take as many players to be good as football takes. One surprise season where we win conference and make it to the NCAA tournament, and we will start to see some of those top players from Texas not leave the state, and instead stay home here to play for the Mean Green.

Currently Texas has the best Football recruits and the best Basketball recruits....there are SSSOOO many good bball players in TX it allows most of the big schools to get players from TX, UT is always loaded and schools like UNT, UTA can still get quality players...........

Texas is loaded with talent......