We Got A Commit

11 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Gonna be honest: what's killing my Mean Green vibe is not actually NIL, it's all the Mean Green fans griping about NIL.

If Mean Green fans grousing could kill your vibe, how did it survive on GMG for 21 years?

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1

41 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Were you ever in?

financially? ha...oh goodness no. I spend my money on travel, music, drugs, golf, art, fine food & drink and my various charitable pursuits. like an interesting person. 

as a fan, sure. and I like the rest of you will be right back here supporting in the exact same way you have for 10, 20, 50 years. you'll be saying how ________ is the best PG or PF we've had here in decades, you'll rationalize away your "hate" for the portal with the fact that ________ is on his third school (at least until he transfers out at the end of next year) and you'll go on supporting the laundry because its what you do.

the piety is boring so just stop. you never cared about the kids, just how they made you feel about your school...because that's somehow super important in your social circles

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

13 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Football is swirling around the toilet bowl. Not just UNT football, but "mid major" football in general. I expect salary corrections at this "level" as well as staff reductions in the very near future. The NCAA's lack of forward thinking going on decades+ attorneys attacking the NCAA and relegating them to a meaningless governing body has damaged the ship. Sinking is next. Basketball at our "level" can continue to tread water due to not needing as many parts to create a competitive product. Until, of course, the major programs start whittling away at that a la NIT rule changes, Sankey openly telling the NCAA tourney committee to tread lightly in their selections, etc. Presumably more to follow. 

I do believe that is by design and not a mistake. There are too many teams in FBS, and the resources were getting too spread around. This whole thing is a way for big teams to consolidate those resources and dilute the rest of the teams that don't have money. I wouldn't be surprised of there is a push to make new FBS requirements, the question is how many teams do they want?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

financially? ha...oh goodness no. I spend my money on travel, music, drugs, golf, art, fine food & drink and my various charitable pursuits. like an interesting person. 

Bingo.

13 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

the piety is boring so just stop. you never cared about the kids, just how they made you feel about your school...because that's somehow super important in your social circles

Major League Baseball GIF by Morgan Creek

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

16 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

All in one day or do you spread it out?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Reedit had a list of the Super conference team. and one division called the under conference.  We did not make the list of those teams, the team down south of us was on the list.  Tulane and Temple were on the list as well.  Boise State and James Madison were also there.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2