Homecoming set for October 26th vs. Tulane

The only other option if we're looking at end of October, early November would be the November 9th game against Army. Maybe they want to do something special for that as well?

I do feel they could do better than to have it on the same day as the Day of the Dead festival.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

The only other option if we're looking at end of October, early November would be the November 9th game against Army. Maybe they want to do something special for that as well?

I do feel they could do better than to have it on the same day as the Day of the Dead festival.

Would have been early, but I would have done 9/28 vs. Tulsa. People can deal with the warmer temps but not as much bad football in warm temps.

• Eye Roll 1

On 4/10/2024 at 1:00 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Sigh, another tough opponent...

Edit: and again, on the same weekend as Denton's Day of the Dead Festival.

Really sucks its once again on the same day as Day of The Dead and against a likely tough opponent, but unlike last year, I don't think we had much of a choice. Our October schedule is rough with only 1 home game, 2 road games, and a Bye. 

• Eye Roll 2

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Tough opponent?  We should have beat them last year.  Personally, I hate posts that are state our opponent is tough.  That should be worried about playing us.

It must really drive you crazy when our coaches and players say every team is tough. Let alone the program that's been at the top of the conference and ranked the last 2 years. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Tough opponent?  We should have beat them last year.  Personally, I hate posts that are state our opponent is tough.  That should be worried about playing us.

I want to agree with you.

Truly, I really do...

But I don't think anybody was looking at our run defense last year and thinking, "I'm worried about playing them."

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

we will beat Tulane very badly 

• Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 4/11/2024 at 1:49 PM, GMG_Dallas said:

More than a few people think Denton is Dead when it comes to supporting NT sports.

image.jpeg.7ac4e106f4039175a6fb4466811e4312.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 4/12/2024 at 12:46 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

It must really drive you crazy when our coaches and players say every team is tough. Let alone the program that's been at the top of the conference and ranked the last 2 years. 

On 4/12/2024 at 10:47 PM, MeanGreenGlory said:

I want to agree with you.

Truly, I really do...

But I don't think anybody was looking at our run defense last year and thinking, "I'm worried about playing them."

Tulane barely beat us last year with their all world QB, etc.  They will have a new coach, system, etc.  There is no reason we should not beat them. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1

On 4/13/2024 at 9:28 AM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Never heard of it.  Is this really such a big deal as to cause problems?

Yes. Outside of the Jazz Festival its the biggest event Denton has. Part of the Square is blocked off to traffic. Logistically and financially it doesn't make sense to have the events on the same day. 

I know some really want the homecoming parade to return. Well, its not going to happen if they keep scheduling Homecoming the same weekend as Day of the Dead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 4/13/2024 at 11:34 PM, UNTLifer said:

Tulane barely beat us last year with their all world QB, etc.  They will have a new coach, system, etc.  There is no reason we should not beat them. 

No reason? How about losing 90% of our offense to the transfer portal and a defense that still looks extremely weak. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Yes. Outside of the Jazz Festival its the biggest event Denton has. Part of the Square is blocked off to traffic. Logistically and financially it doesn't make sense to have the events on the same day. 

I know some really want the homecoming parade to return. Well, its not going to happen if they keep scheduling Homecoming the same weekend as Day of the Dead. 

Bigger than the Redbud Festival?  Bigger than the Storytelling Festival?  When did Denton start this?

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Bigger than the Redbud Festival?  Bigger than the Storytelling Festival?  When did Denton start this?

Not sure when it started, but at least a decade ago. There's a massive mural on Hickory St where the coffin races take place.

About Downtown Denton | Schools, Demographics, Things to Do - Homes.com

Spooktacular Fun at Denton's Day of the Dead, Coffin Races, & Cirque Du  Horror | Dallas Observer

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1