McCasland Has To Be The Adult In The Room

I had the game on in the background and missed this somehow.  Must have left the room when this was going on.  Anyways, I just kept marveling at how engaged their crowd was DEEP into the second half of a game where they were never really within 20 points of Texas.  They got their doors blown off but that crowd stayed until the end and cheered loudly the whole time (I finally turned it off with 3 minutes or so left, so not sure how many made it to the bitter end)....but WOW.  I have to say I was impressed with that aspect.  There are not many schools or fanbases that would have provided that kind of support.  Definitely not Texas fans if the roles were reversed and the game was in Austin...and definitely not here in Denton.  

• Upvote 1

Tech fans have a deep hate (no exaggeration) for UT and A$M.  They have always viewed those schools as their rivals.

Unfortunately for them, those feelings have never been reciprocated. A$M hasn't scheduled them in football or basketball since leaving the Big 12 and Texas has already indicated that they will not be scheduling them in football in the foreseeable future and after this incident I doubt they will schedule them in Basketball. Tech fans are at least in part responsible for the refusal to schedule games. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Tech fans have a deep hate (no exaggeration) for UT and A$M.  They have always viewed those schools as their rivals.

Unfortunately for them, those feelings have never been reciprocated. A$M hasn't scheduled them in football or basketball since leaving the Big 12 and Texas has already indicated that they will not be scheduling them in football in the foreseeable future and after this incident I doubt they will schedule them in Basketball. Tech fans are at least in part responsible for the refusal to schedule games. 

I had a former employee that was a Tech graduate and played soccer there.  She loved Tech but was quick to state that their fans were an embarrassment.