Has Recruiting Improved Under Morris? Yes

13 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Hurth Hurt. Lugo wasn’t our top QB target. They liked Memphis and Rice QB better. UTSA and Traylor can recruit. Morris is holding his on much better than Seth did against Traylor. But the 2 conference championship rings are the key recruiting message at the moment for UTSA. Look at every picture when kids go on visits to San Antonio the trophies are in the photo. Not to mention playing 6 games a year in 72 degree weather helps. 

Thanks for responding. I agree, not landing Lugo isn't the worst thing that could happen. But, we still don't have a QB committed, and we need to be pulling in better QB's than UTSA. If we can land that kid out of China Springs, I'll be over the moon. Personally, I don't view the Alamodome as a positive for recruiting. I'd think recruits would place a higher value on the atmosphere of an on-campus stadium. Please tell me Morris is going to place a higher emphasis on signing some quality beef and getting us a better QB than Lugo. We have to pull that kind of talent. X's and O's can only carry a team so far. Our WR recruits look great, but if we are serious about competing in the AAC, we have to pull top AAC quality talent at all the positions. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I'd think recruits would place a higher value on the atmosphere of an on-campus stadium. 

The routine for them is almost the same. Remember, even though ours is on-campus, the players still stay in a hotel and then bus ride to stadium.

I think the benefit (atmosphere) is for fans. The athletes probably appreciate playing indoors more than us.

i would love to hear from former players and parents about their view on this.

On 6/28/2023 at 2:15 PM, ntmeangreen11 said:

I expected more I will be honest. I have no idea what we're offering when it comes to NIL but I would assume that is what's holding us back. I think if we had made the same investment in recruiting staff size about 10 years ago we would have seen the results I thought were possible. I thought Coach O alone would bring in at least 1 very highly rated player based on what I was told about him. I'm not doggin anyone, coaches or commits, I just expected more to this point and that's probably on me for unrealistic expectations. I will say having ten commits with ZERO being OL/DL reminds me of the Dodge days and that's scary. Concerns me we will continue to struggle to recruit high school DL players as we did in the Littrell era.

Have you looked at the roster numbers, NT has on the last roster; 20 offensive lineman including only two seniors?

Nearly the same on the DL, 15 listed with only 2 seniors.  This for a team that is supposed to be going to a 3 man front. 

These numbers do not include most of members of the last reported class that have not yet enrolled. 

Also, most of the starters on both lines are returning. 

I am sure that NT would like to add high potential linemen, but it is far from a panic situation.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1