North Texas will host UT Arlington as part of its 2023-24 non-conference schedule, part of a multi-year series.

38 minutes ago, NT80 said:

UTA, while an easy road trip, only drags down our strength of schedule.  Instead, we seriously need to get on TCU's schedules for multi-sports.  

Yes I agree but the schedules are all about giving the coaches what they want.  They see it as a game they can win and they get more from wins than power rankings. Also the AD staff likes it as an easy road game to travel to and get back in bed early lol

10 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

Yes I agree but the schedules are all about giving the coaches what they want.  They see it as a game they can win and they get more from wins than power rankings. Also the AD staff likes it as an easy road game to travel to and get back in bed early lol

Not sure what coach you're talking about.  Most coaches "should" want to schedule the best competition they can find.  Wins over lesser opponents are not beneficial to either team.       

Soccer and Softball are both examples of scheduling quality OOC opponents.   Basketball may have had issues because we were good, but now that we have a National Title for being good I think it would help justify us on those hesitant team's schedules.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You ever notice that people get upset that TCU (for example) does not want to play us but then don't think we should play a school like UTA (for example)? 

We play UTA in multiple sports, but since Basketball relies so much on schedule-quality then we need to adjust the schedule accordingly.  We just won the NIT and are certainly worthy of being on TCU's schedule for strength.  If UTA had the same recent history in basketball I would have no issues playing them.  But they don't and until they are better we should find better matchups!

On 5/1/2023 at 12:13 PM, NT80 said:

We play UTA in multiple sports, but since Basketball relies so much on schedule-quality then we need to adjust the schedule accordingly.  We just won the NIT and are certainly worthy of being on TCU's schedule for strength.  If UTA had the same recent history in basketball I would have no issues playing them.  But they don't and until they are better we should find better matchups!

I always liked playing them in the past but now that they are under the Scott Cross curse I think it may be best to move on.

• Upvote 1