I Want to Apologize...

rojomojo

So there's about 1 million things I could apologize about to this forum, but I wanted to just start with this... I was extremely doubtful about Eric Morris and his ability to recruit. In the past few months that theory has been struck down by his ability to take this program and somehow manage to attract DFW players that had offers from solid P5 programs. Obviously it's WAY too early to say if he's going to be a solid hire, but he's definitely on the right track. I still think only focusing on instate recruiting is limiting to some regard, but if you're going to do it, Texas, California, and Florida are the 3 best states to do it...

Other than the recruiting, the overall energy and social media presence of the program has drastically improved. I said this while Seth was still here but I'll say it again... Seth reminded me of Scott Frost. He never seemed to have the energy or passion needed towards the end of his tenure. Nothing against him but it was just aggravating when he seemed to be at peace with going 6-6 every year...

I'm a pretty critical fan (IF YOU COULDN'T TELL XD) but I really think UNT is on the right track... So excited to see the opening game against Cal

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

So there's about 1 million things I could apologize about to this forum, but I wanted to just start with this... I was extremely doubtful about Eric Morris and his ability to recruit. In the past few months that theory has been struck down by his ability to take this program and somehow manage to attract DFW players that had offers from solid P5 programs. Obviously it's WAY too early to say if he's going to be a solid hire, but he's definitely on the right track. I still think only focusing on instate recruiting is limiting to some regard, but if you're going to do it, Texas, California, and Florida are the 3 best states to do it...

Other than the recruiting, the overall energy and social media presence of the program has drastically improved. I said this while Seth was still here but I'll say it again... Seth reminded me of Scott Frost. He never seemed to have the energy or passion needed towards the end of his tenure. Nothing against him but it was just aggravating when he seemed to be at peace with going 6-6 every year...

I'm a pretty critical fan (IF YOU COULDN'T TELL XD) but I really think UNT is on the right track... So excited to see the opening game against Cal

Sort of related but unfortunately, the Dallas Mavericks are dealing with their own Seth Littrell right now in someone that takes no ownership and constantly passes the blame to someone else. But I digress. This was my biggest issue with him. Towards the end, there appeared to be no desire to do better. He was completely satisfied with 6-6 and his constant coach speak on trying to sugarcoat what were some completely average teams was infuriating and either made him look delusional or careless. Either way, this new era is already off to a good start. Even just with the energy. I love watching practice videos and seeing how hype Morris and co. get after a player makes a great play or even seeing them jump in and put themselves through some of the workouts that they put their players through. As a player, that would mean a heck of a lot to me to see my coaches grind like me. The players really seem to like and trust these coaches which is big. Their social media presence is also excellent (which it needs to be in today's day and age). Overall, from the energy, to the recruiting, to the social media, I'm loving what I'm seeing so far and hope it continues. 

• Upvote 4