UNT Just Won Its Biggest Sports Championship in 71 Years

It really pisses me off even after such an accomplishment they'd minimize the achievement. I know to expect as much, however it's not fair to the players to minimize their accomplishment. I really wanted to fire off a terse response but decided the writer wasn't worth the effort.

Here's his email if anyone else would like to

mike.piellucci@dmagazine.com

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, ScreamingEaglesFan said:

It really pisses me off even after such an accomplishment they'd minimize the achievement. I know to expect as much, however it's not fair to the players to minimize their accomplishment. I really wanted to fire off a terse response but decided the writer wasn't worth the effort.

Here's his email if anyone else would like to

mike.piellucci@dmagazine.com

I don't think he was minimizing the accomplishment. He's clapping back at those who downplay the win.

"My retort to this is a simple, ever-so-loving “Get lost,” because UNT—UNT!—just won the second biggest tournament in college basketball. That’s an achievement worth celebrating for any school, and especially one whose athletic pinnacle came in the year Eisenhower took office."

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Quoner said:

I’d join in, but I’ve been on FB Marketplace looking for yard sales in Birmingham to tell people Jelly got owned by TP. 

I think it's hilarious. Jelly walked over in front of the North Texas bench at the end of our CUSA tourney game motioning "Bring It On! Bring It On!"

League MVP Tylor Perry got the opportunity and did just that.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2