UTSA/Troy

golfingomez

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

We need ALL AAC teams to beat other G5s.

No one's going to remember how future AAC teams did against G5 teams in this bowl season. The only stat that endures is conference bowl records, so all UTSA did by going Birds Down today was to leave a mess behind in CUSA's toilet without even lighting a match.

2 hours ago, p_phelps said:

UTSA could never win another game and it would be a great thing

Don't get me wrong, within the conference I would be okay with UTSA and SMU losing every conference game and then tieing when they played each other. It's just after watching C-USA turn into a cluster F over the years I want the American to be seen as the top G5 conference without a doubt!

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2022 at 8:38 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Don't get me wrong, within the conference I would be okay with UTSA and SMU losing every conference game and then tieing when they played each other. It's just after watching C-USA turn into a cluster F over the years I want the American to be seen as the top G5 conference without a doubt!

Same as far as AAC being the top.  Id rather see all our teams win.  Would love for SMU and UNT to win all games and then come lose in the Alamodome.  Does us no good to just bring each other down and have CUSA 2.0.  Hopefully Rice gets things headed in the right direction next year too. 

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Same as far as AAC being the top.  Id rather see all our teams win.  Would love for SMU and UNT to win all games and then come lose in the Alamodome.  Does us no good to just bring each other down and have CUSA 2.0.  Hopefully Rice gets things headed in the right direction next year too. 

100%

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1