Southern Nazarene (11/7/22)

CMJ

35 minutes ago, keith said:

Hey DUDE...completely uncalled for.  I have many friends who have children on the spectrum and they are all wonderful people.  Take that crap somewhere else.

Exactly. Please don’t settle for the cheap shot of comparing all the other wonderful kids on the spectrum to Andrew.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Coach Mac Andy said:

When did I insult him? I was just stating how it appears sometimes.

This has nothing to do with Andrew.  He can defend himself if he wants to.  Besides, I don't think you were making a clinical diagnosis.  You were using and referring to a class of people in a demeaning manner and using them as the butt of your joke.  

Take your statement of "everybody here treats you with a basic amount of decency because we’re pretty sure you’re <fill in the blank>" and insert any other class of people and say it out loud to see how it sounds.  Or try it in large meeting with your boss and see if it's acceptable.   

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

everybody here treats you with a basic amount of decency because we’re pretty sure you’re Santa Claus. 

This is the best game of Mad Libs ever.  

Hahaha, see now that would probably be OK.  Keep going, however, and eventually you'll come up with something you'll find offensive or make you just a bit uneasy.  Also, I'm about as far from a liberal (at least in today's vernacular) as you can get.

• Upvote 2

• Harry locked this topic