Spring Game - Saturday April 9th

Big Z

On 4/20/2022 at 11:43 PM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

while chasing 5 to 10 donors who would probably write a big check even if they didn't work there.

I actually think this brings up a fair critique of the current athletics staff. The names on buildings/suite holders/floor seat holders are all the same names as before they got here. It doesn't seem like we've really identified any new major donors since they have been here. It seems like we keep going to the same people we always have to get things done.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DentonLurker said:

I actually think this brings up a fair critique of the current athletics staff. The names on buildings/suite holders/floor seat holders are all the same names as before they got here. It doesn't seem like we've really identified any new major donors since they have been here. It seems like we keep going to the same people we always have to get things done.

You are correct.   If they aren’t go to do everything possible (buyouts be dammed) to get and KEEP things good on the field, that effort needs to go into courting new major donors.  There is too much younger money in the DFW area to not get one or two new major donors every time the revenue sports have a great season.  Also it seems that reaching out to celebrity alumni is lacking.  I loved seeing Kevin Von Erich at the game here fairly recently but the time to do that get the most buzz out of it was 15 to 20 years ago.  According to Wikipedia he retired 2017 and the Von Erich family was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2009.  Those occasions would have been better to bring him home also.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2022 at 10:11 AM, Mike Jackson said:

Thank you and meanrob for the feedback. I discontinued my season tickets about 5 years ago.  I always donate regardless but it was depressing not being able to get anyone to come with me or even give my extra tickets away.  They definitely need better sales efforts if they aren’t going to awe fans with an undefeated or 1 loss season.  Pretty certain that won’t happened with Seth here.  A coach just on the plus side of mediocre just can’t do that here we don’t prestigious football history here or recent alumni who became NFL stars.   The department as a whole is doing well but football is lame mule not pulling its weight.

I’ve had the same depression.  I originally had 4 season tickets at Apogee.  Over time, that number has dropped down to my single ticket.  Never made the jump to zero though. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/11/2022 at 11:18 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Conclusion, this football program clearly has 0 momentum, direction or excitement surrounding it. 

Meanwhile, up in Norman, a new head coaching change brings new momentum.... 

75,000+ watch a Sping Game with new coach Brent Venables working the crowd.   

Has Seth ever..... never mind......

• Eye Roll 3