Brendon Lewis

Big Z

7 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I am vehemently against handing someone the job because of what they did elsewhere.

Aren't we almost always making decisions like this (at least initially) based on what they did elsewhere - in high school or some other college?  I realize this is splitting hairs a bit, but many get their jobs after doing very little here.  Then it's up to them to hang on to it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

No sir.

My reply to Jim had nothing to do with Brendon Lewis being good or coming here and everything to do with not understanding the connection between Drew Brees trying to find a P5 scholarship and Lewis having one. I’m sorry for the confusion but I wasn’t saying Lewis would be the next UNT great. I think it’d be great for him to sign with us but once that happens I am still on the show me on the field at North Texas train. I am vehemently against handing someone the job because of what they did elsewhere.

Sorry, cr1028.  Blood sugar running high.  More joys of being Type 2 diabetic. This shit’s going to kill me before I know it. 😔

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Gotcha. I'll file this one under the "mind your own business" folder, then. 🤣

I'm not going to once again dig deeper into this Aune debate. I just hope when Aune leaves, he takes whatever dirt he apparently has on SL with him so the other QBs can have a real QB competition.

Haha fair enough.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Sorry, cr1028.  Blood sugar running high.  More joys of being Type 2 diabetic. This shit’s going to kill me before I know it. 😔

Haha love you Jim. No sweat off my back on what you said earlier, take care of yourself

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, keith said:

Aren't we almost always making decisions like this (at least initially) based on what they did elsewhere - in high school or some other college?  I realize this is splitting hairs a bit, but many get their jobs after doing very little here.  Then it's up to them to hang on to it. 

In deciding to bring them here, yes. Once they are here, show me in practice with your new teammates and in the game if you’ve earned the chance in practice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

In deciding to bring them here, yes. Once they are here, show me in practice with your new teammates and in the game if you’ve earned the chance in practice.

If Littrell is still here, he'd be crazy not to go after Lewis.  The guy is basically Marquis Williams 2.0, and a guy like him can really make this Briles offense go.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If Littrell is still here, he'd be crazy not to go after Lewis.  The guy is basically Marquis Williams 2.0, and a guy like him can really make this Briles offense go.

I agree we should absolutely throw the kitchen sink at trying to get him here but the guarantee of the starting job should not be part of it.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

On 10/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, MGNation92 said:

Hope he got some good QB coaching at Colorado, cuz he ain't getting it here

Y'all can downvote and roll eyes at MGNation92's comment but if we had to bet something significant on Brenden getting good QB coaching here under Coach "Let it Fly Late and Off Target" we would bet against it. 🤷🏽‍♂️.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

How many QBS do we have on the team this year.  Aune is the best of all?   We have one of two problems, the easy one is to say we have no real qb coach or we have coaches that do not know how to evaluate qb talent.   I hope it is not having a qb coach.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1