Why I'm rooting for the Titans

Cal State runs 16 Div 1 sports on an annual athletic budget of $6.5 Million. Texas on the other hand runs on a sickening overflowing tank of excess to the tune of over $60 Million. Here's to the little guys. I hope they saw off the horns. They just cut down Texas in the first game of a best of 3 College World Series, 6-4. That's a start.

Go Titans!

Cal State Fullerton

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Cal State runs 16 Div 1 sports on an annual athletic budget of $6.5 Million.  Texas on the other hand runs on a sickening overflowing tank of excess to the tune of over $60 Million.  Here's to the little guys.  I hope they saw off the horns.  They just cut down Texas in the first game of a best of 3 College World Series, 6-4.  That's a start.

Go Titans!

Cal State Fullerton

Rick

That's why baseball is one of the only few untainted sports in college athletics. I can assure that there is no way that Rice could win a football national championship, but last year they went out and won the national championship in baseball.

Guest e-bone

I'm not sure if I'm rooting for the Titans, or against the Longhorns. It's always good to see the little guys holding their own against schools from power conferences.

I'm not sure if I'm rooting for the Titans, or against the Longhorns. It's always good to see the little guys holding their own against schools from power conferences.

I would definately saying that I am rooting against the Longhorns, but also would be glad to see the small Big West program beat a Big XII school. Although this isn't unfamilar territory for the Titans seeing as how they won the national championship back in 1995. But at the end of the day, I will just be glad to see UT lose, which hopefully will happen tomorrow as well.

Edited by NTEagle08

Guest e-bone

For me it's David vs Goliath, The Rebels vs The Evil Empire (UT), Non BCS vs BCS.  Go Titans!

Agreed. We have more in common with CSF than we do with UT, and it's always great to see the little guy take the bully down.

I am a Texas native but do not root for UT, astros, spurs; unless they are the underdogs then maybe. Why should I go for our competitor?

I firmly believe that one day (maybe 20 yrs) we can be on the same level as ut athletics.

I am a Cowboys fan not Houston!

A UNT fan not UT, TT, UT etc.

Ranger fan not Astros

To me it's called loyalty! Less championships UT wins may help our recruiting in the future.............am I wrong? But has UT had it droughts of success in sports...............other then facilities, conference (which in time could change) what do they have on us?

UT Academics...true but how many star athletes in any D-1 school graduate and if so how many care about tier 1 vs. tier 2 or 3 Universities.

So, to sum it up................I only go for my teams, Cowboys, Mavs, UNT and go against our competition, because they are!!!!!!

I am the same guy that has plays Madden 2004 online only w/cowboys w/ rec of 240-120...........after my wife is asleep!!!!LOL wink.gif