Ameriquest stadium in Arlington

Who can you even sign in baseball these days as a free agent for 2.5 million?  Maybe like a Todd Van Popple or someone in that area of talent.

Ahhh, Todd Van Poppel...I remember back when I used his Topps Future Stars baseball card to con a kickass Nolan Ryan card outta my little brother.

Yes, it's easy to say..."Hey, let's develop good young pitchers!", and quite another to do it. If it was easy, pitching wouldn't be as valuable as it is.

And yes, the Rangers payroll was higher a few years ago than it is now, but that doesn't mean that the difference Hicks just has in his pocket. The economy in baseball has been going down. Bud Selig swears they are losing millions hand over fist. I don't feel sorry for the owners, because they are the ones who hand out the contracts, but that doesn't mean that Hicks has the same kind of pockets he did 4 years ago, and that 75 million dollars is somehow not needed in any way.

I will be glad when something else comes up for people to bitch about because this thing is starting to beat me down.