G5 Bias is Engrained

TheColonyEagle

5 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

It would be great if we could have the champion of each conference in the FBS all play in the playoffs. To me.. I'm really more interested in the other bowls, than the playoffs. The playoff is the same thing every year, Alabama or Clemson and then some random 2 teams that we knew after game 2 of the season they'd be in there. Boring... Then there is some team that gets shafted out of the final 4, (like TCU a few years ago) and then we're back at square 1.

I’d love it if all the conference champions got included to, or even the best of the G5 got included, just something to give us a chance. But I’d also love to win the lottery, which has the same odds as the G5 every getting that chance. The NCAA doesn’t govern this, and even if they did, the P5s and their media would either balk really loudly to make sure it didn’t happen or they would just pull away and create their own affiliated association. 

The reality is that the current setup gives enough money to the G5’s to buy them off. They know this gravy train goes away the minute they push harder for legislative change. It’s why I want the NFL-lite programs to go their own way. Let those programs compete with each other and pay whatever they want to pay. The rest of us can play amateur college football as it is intended to be. I just think G5 players, coaches, and their fans get totally screwed out of ever being a national champion. That’s a damn shame...

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

I’d love it if all the conference champions got included to, or even the best of the G5 got included, just something to give us a chance. But I’d also love to win the lottery, which has the same odds as the G5 every getting that chance. The NCAA doesn’t govern this, and even if they did, the P5s and their media would either balk really loudly to make sure it didn’t happen or they would just pull away and create their own affiliated association. 

The reality is that the current setup gives enough money to the G5’s to buy them off. They know this gravy train goes away the minute they push harder for legislative change. It’s why I want the NFL-lite programs to go their own way. Let those programs compete with each other and pay whatever they want to pay. The rest of us can play amateur college football as it is intended to be. I just think G5 players, coaches, and their fans get totally screwed out of ever being a national champion. That’s a damn shame...

Make the blue bloods be the one's to pull away then. Never concede. It gives them exactly what they want. We and ALL 'G5' universities should be going as hard against the grain as possible. 

12 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

It would be great if we could have the champion of each conference in the FBS all play in the playoffs. To me.. I'm really more interested in the other bowls, than the playoffs. The playoff is the same thing every year, Alabama or Clemson and then some random 2 teams that we knew after game 2 of the season they'd be in there. Boring... Then there is some team that gets shafted out of the final 4, (like TCU a few years ago) and then we're back at square 1.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.