No Luv' From La Tech: "They almost lost to crappy UTEP! They are not that good. UAB will tear them a new one."

PlummMeanGreen

12 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Ferguson completely dominated, their wide receivers won more often than not and made some great grabs other than that they aren't near any better than us at any position. We are the better team we just laid an egg.

The penalty yardage, the gifted touchdown from the muff, the field goal clank, the breakdown in blocking for game winner, the injuries to our two biggest impact players on defense, Fine getting hobbled, having our starting RB tear his ACL and I could keep going.

It's a complete miracle they beat us we win that game 9/10 times.

Great post, ntmeangreen11.

The link on UTSA is interesting, too. 

Fellow fans, 2 (or 3?)  years ago UTSA recruited 17 3-star recruits.  Thus far that has translated into few wins on the football field.    If we keep all our impressive list of 2019 3 stars, I think Seth Littrell and Company will do things with them we have not seen in a long time at North Texas.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

20 hours ago, Udomann said:

Also, to be fair, we are kinda the reason a couple of those teams have a losing record 😉

You are correct sir! Incarnate Word has a winning record even after losing to us. If Liberty had beat us, they would have a winning record. If SMU had beat us, they'd be at .500. 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, oldguystudent said:

Opponents to date win/loss records, aggregate, and average: 

Win   Loss   Win %
SMU 2   4   0.333
ICW 3   2   0.600
Arkansas 1   5   0.167
Liberty 2   3   0.400
LaTech 3   2   0.600
UTEP 0   5   0.000
Total 11   21   0.344

Average 1.83   3.5   0.344

Edit:  Same table, with LaTech removed to reflect only teams that we've beaten: 

Win   Loss   Win %
SMU 2   4   0.333
ICW 3   2   0.600
Arkansas 1   5   0.167
Liberty 2   3   0.400
UTEP 0   5   0.000
Total 8   19   0.296

Average 1.6   3.8   0.296

I stand corrected. Average W/LThe record of teams we have beaten so far is closer to 2&4 than 1&5. I was only trying to state that I am having a difficult time gauging how good we are based upon who we have beaten this YTD.The game at UAB should tell a lot about us.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2018 at 9:05 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

. Note:   When UNT hosts Texas Tech in a few seasons that game could easily draw 40,000 fans, but about 8K to 10K Red Raider fans are not going to get into Apogee unless they buy their tickets much earlier than Mean Green fans. 

Why do you want more of the opponent’s fans in the stands? 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 4