Player of the Week.............

UNTLifer

Found the on Scottie's board:

FROM THE OFFICIAL SITE:

DENTON (1/26/04) – North Texas junior guard Leonard Hopkins was named the Sun Belt Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week on Monday after helping lead North Texas to a 3-0 record last week, including road victories over Arkansas-Little Rock and Arkansas State.

North Texas extended its longest winning streak of the season to four games and is now 4-1 in Sun Belt Conference play, its best ever start in the league.

Hopkins scored in double figures every game, including a career-high 25 points in the Mean Green’s win over Arkansas State. The Dallas, Tex., native scored 13 points against both Florida International and Arkansas-Little Rock, and finished the week with a 17.0 points per game average.

In addition to his career-high 25 points against the Indians, Hopkins also recorded a career-high five steals and had a season-tying three assists against Arkansas-Little Rock.

Hopkins, who hit 11-11 free throws against ASU, finished the week with a .900 free-throw, .400 field goal and .385 three-point field goal percentage for the entire week. He is the second North Texas player this season to be named the league’s player of the week, joining senior forward Shawnson Johnson (Dec. 22).

Great accomplishment for Leonard, the game against ASU was awesome. I hope he brings a game like that to the Super Pit for the home crowd to see. He can shoot, there is no way around that.

Also, I'd definitely like to see Hopkins playing less. He's trying to make all kinds of shots that just aren't there, and it definitely shows in the box score. I don't care who we put in there, just get him out.

Stuff like this is even sweeter when you can shake a hater off and make statements like that look ridiculous a week later. That's pretty much what the team as a whole has done lately, and Leonard is the epitomy of that. Keep it up guys.

IronMan, trying to paint me as some hater of our basketball team is both false and in poor taste. I was very complimentary of Leonard after a couple of the earlier games this season, and also critical of him when he hit a 4-5 game skid.

Take your witch hunt elsewhere.