New Wrinkles Against UT San Antonio?

MGNation92

So I've been thinking about it after watching every game this season, along with watching a good chunk of the USM-UT San Antonio game, and I'm curious if we're gonna have some new looks offensively coming out of the bye. @aztecskin has alluded to that from last year against Army when we started to show more pistol looks with some success. Keon Howard had a decent day in the QB run game, and as we know, Fine burned them for an 80 yarder last year.

I'm curious if they'll run more read option/QB Draw game against an overly aggressive UT San Antonio defense, or something similar. No info, just a thought of what we might see on Saturday.

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

I feel like this offense clicked last game.....it wasn't anything crazy....they just showed that you cannot commit to stopping one aspect.

What they really did against USM was stretch the field. I think had we done it earlier vs SMU, we could've seen a different game.

Fine threw down field...a lot. Then Wilson had long runs and the OLine wore them out.

If UT Permian Basin gets on their heels to stop that, Jeffery Wilson is gonna have a big day. If they load up to stop Wilson, Fine is gonna make them pay deep.

I think we saw our offense become VERY difficult to game plan against and stop. One of the best defenses in the conference had no answer for what this offense can do. There were no crazy wrinkles, it just seems like they finally lived up to their potential. Would you put UT Tyler's D above USM's?

I don't know. But UT Dallas will see something they haven't seen if we put it all together Saturday.

I appreciate the fact that you named three UT feeder schools in your post. We'll get it right one of these days 

tumblr_lceq9iZ2bg1qzwrgk_large.gif

• Haha 3

I would like to think that the offense and defense have some new things that they will be pulling out, that they have not showed at all this year..

I got downvoted but I will say it again, Quinn I trust more to hold up running it consistently than Fine in terms of health. Quinn showed he can pass at Iowa..  Do some read option with Quinn having the ability to throw it as well.. 

Also, UNT needs to be aware of when UTSA is subbing.. UNT has to many times allowed teams to sub and stood around and just let them have guys walk off the field (when we haven't subbed).. Hike it and get a free play or a free 5-yards.. Also, it makes there guys have to run on/off the field as well

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

They're all the same to me....

UT-somethinorother

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I would like to think that the offense and defense have some new things that they will be pulling out, that they have not showed at all this year..

I got downvoted but I will say it again, Quinn I trust more to hold up running it consistently than Fine in terms of health. Quinn showed he can pass at Iowa..  Do some read option with Quinn having the ability to throw it as well.. 

Also, UNT needs to be aware of when UTSA is subbing.. UNT has to many times allowed teams to sub and stood around and just let them have guys walk off the field (when we haven't subbed).. Hike it and get a free play or a free 5-yards.. Also, it makes there guys have to run on/off the field as well

With our tempo, and how cerebral Fine is, I'm actually surprised he hasn't pulled a couple Aaron Rodgers-like quick snaps.