Any Updates on English?

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

That is an odd time frame considering UAB is this week and UTSA is 3 weeks after that.

UAB was the very earliest and an unlikely one to reach from the start.. the time frame that I was told and that has been said on here is 6-8 weeks.. either UAB or UTSA.. 

46 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

i think it was a 6-8 week guess

Yep that's what it was from the start

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

UAB was the very earliest and an unlikely one to reach from the start.. the time frame that I was told and that has been said on here is 6-8 weeks.. either UAB or UTSA.. 

Could he appeal for an extra year if he sits out the rest of the season?  I knew he burned his redshirt but it would seem they would be willing to grant him an extra year due to the circumstances.

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Could he appeal for an extra year if he sits out the rest of the season?  I knew he burned his redshirt but it would seem they would be willing to grant him an extra year due to the circumstances.

No idea but I would think so, also he is likely to get that hardship extra year he lost last year from transferring to be closer to his dad

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

If he can get back in time for UTSA, and can help win games, we need to play him.   That's only 2 conference games missed, and I think he will make a huge difference against Army.   Play him if you can.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

When the injury was reported, I looked at the schedule and thought UTSA. It's after a bye, and 9 1/2 weeks after the injury. Of course, none of us know how serious it was but reading the tea-leaves that was a hopeful guess.

6 hours ago, Aldo said:

Give him as much as he needs. If he reinjures it, that will surely put him out the rest of the season.

Yep, not worth it even if he would be the difference in the UAB game.  We could lose that game and still have a winning season.  If we put him in that game and he reinjured that foot, I think we can already see what that would mean to already limited depth at that position.

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If he can get back in time for UTSA, and can help win games, we need to play him.   That's only 2 conference games missed, and I think he will make a huge difference against Army.   Play him if you can.

If he's 100% sure but if anything is in doubt I would think we would prefer to have him long term.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

I believe he is supposed to get an extra year due to his father's illness causing his original transfer. As far a second getting a hardship waiver and medical redshirt, he would have to prove that his first redshirt was taken because of injury and not just because the coaches wanted to redshirt him.