Pony Excess Replayed on ESPN

UNTLifer

So, my DVR picked up the recent re-showing of Pony Excess, and I watched it again.  

I laughed when they were all excited about the savior the program needed to turn everything around, June Jones.  They bragged how he had turned many programs around in the past and how he would do the same at SMU.  Long story short, I hope we cause Morris to resign as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

It was very well done. Most of those 30 for 30 documentaries are, but this was just so easy to watch. SMU and the entire SWC were built on sand after the OU/UGa case changed TV and college football.

As for June Jones, he accomplished exactly what they wanted him to do when they hired him, which was turn them around and win again. It took him two years to go from 1-11 to winning a bowl game. His problem was that he thought Arizona State was gonna hire him away and they didn't at the last second. After that, he lost the entire program. When we clobbered them here in 2014, he just resigned before they fired him later that year. They had gone full circle and became the worst FBS team in the country. We followed them down the next season and we can only hope SL gets us to whereJune Jones got SMU to in his second year.

3 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

The vibe I got when I watched that was that pretty much every person associated with SMU then and now would do it all over again, and would gladly do it today if they could figure out how to do it without getting caught. 

Exactly.  They have zero remorse for their actions, and Dickerson was the worst.  Here's one of the key figures in the entire scheme upset that SMU isn't inviting him back to campus.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

The vibe I got when I watched that was that pretty much every person associated with SMU then and now would do it all over again, and would gladly do it today if they could figure out how to do it without getting caught. 

They are doing everything they think they can get away with now.  

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Exactly.  They have zero remorse for their actions, and Dickerson was the worst.  Here's one of the key figures in the entire scheme upset that SMU isn't inviting him back to campus.

I thought he was upset the Rams didn't have him back?