DRC: C-USA media days: Day 2 coverage

Brett Vito

DRC: FAU coach Lane Kiffin steals show at media days

http://beta.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2017/07/20/fau-coach-lane-kiffin-steals-show-c-usa-media-days

Notebook: UNT in better position with scholarship numbers, but still short of 85, late additions could be on way

http://beta.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2017/07/20/unt-notebook-mean-green-still-short-85-scholarship-limit

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

DRC: FAU coach Lane Kiffin steals show at media days

http://beta.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2017/07/20/fau-coach-lane-kiffin-steals-show-c-usa-media-days

Notebook: UNT in better position with scholarship numbers, but still short of 85, late additions could be on way

http://beta.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2017/07/20/unt-notebook-mean-green-still-short-85-scholarship-limit

Two important notes from the Vito article:

"All of UNT's high school players have qualified. The team's transfers are also on track to be ready for the start of camp."

"Littrell said UNT is waiting on a couple of potential late additions."

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Two important notes from the Vito article:

"All of UNT's high school players have qualified. The team's transfers are also on track to be ready for the start of camp."

"Littrell said UNT is waiting on a couple of potential late additions."

Excited to see who that is.  Guys we thought we'd get who actually made it? Guys who are transferring, or Ole Miss guys transferring.  Fun times. 

7 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Excited to see who that is.  Guys we thought we'd get who actually made it? Guys who are transferring, or Ole Miss guys transferring.  Fun times. 

Yeah I've heard about a couple guys coming in late, no info on who it is though. Hopefully some difference makers

"Guys come and go," Littrell said. "It's for a lot of different reasons some guys may be out. It will be like last year. There were times we were in some difficult situations because of depth. We found a way to put our best guys out there and compete. That is all you can do. You can't worry about the guys who are not there. You have to get the guys who are going to be there ready to play."

I really like this comment. You don't make excuses, you just do the best job with the guys you have. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Yeah I've heard about a couple guys coming in late, no info on who it is though. Hopefully some difference makers

I don't think the staff will bring in guys late that can't help, cuz it'll probably effect the '18 class and we're finally close to a full 85. So using a ship on a guy he better be able to play.  I'll take the LSU DE/OLB that's a true soph that's transferring. Or the OT from Cal. 

On a side note, gleaned from the piece on KIffin:

"Kiffin also spent time Thursday explaining his decision to hire Kendal Briles as offensive coordinator. The former Baylor assistant was named in a lawsuit against the school alleging he told recruits that "white women" love the team's players, as part of his recruiting pitch."

There have always been people here who wondered allowed why we didn't hire Briles.  I've always opposed it because he'd been in trouble with the NCAA before his dad was.  If the information about his mindset in the lawsuit/investigation is true, FAU will shortly have the NCAA all up in their grill. 

23 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

On a side note, gleaned from the piece on KIffin:

"Kiffin also spent time Thursday explaining his decision to hire Kendal Briles as offensive coordinator. The former Baylor assistant was named in a lawsuit against the school alleging he told recruits that "white women" love the team's players, as part of his recruiting pitch."

There have always been people here who wondered allowed why we didn't hire Briles.  I've always opposed it because he'd been in trouble with the NCAA before his dad was.  If the information about his mindset in the lawsuit/investigation is true, FAU will shortly have the NCAA all up in their grill. 

I guess two negatives make a positive? I can see it now the two sitting in the office and Kiffin looks at Briles and says......let me borrow your university phone for a few minutes..........

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1