'18 OT Trey Stratford (Allen)

GMG24

After watching Stratford's high light videos, I saw 4-5 other very good players on this Allen team.

I like the RB, # 45, and the WR, # 81.  These  2 , OL guys, # 72, and # 73. Heck, the entire OL is very good!

Sign all of the OL!

Edited by Charlie NT 73

8 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

After watching Stratford's high light videos, I saw 4-5 other very good players on this Allen team.

I like the RB, # 45, and the WR, # 81.  These  2 , OL guys, # 72, and # 73. Heck, the entire OL is very good!

Sign all of the OL!

#45 will have 20-30 offers, #81 just picked up Michigan and has close to 20.  The OL I think #72 has 5-10 (it could be #73)  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

#45 will have 20-30 offers, #81 just picked up Michigan and has close to 20.  The OL I think #72 has 5-10 (it could be #73)  

Love having coaches on here that get to see these young men on a regular basis.  Thanks for you input.

• Upvote 2

I remember back in the Fry era,  Hayden went over to Carter HS here in Dallas, to recruit a player or two. Fry saw many good athletes and ended up signing about 8 players off the Carter team in one big recruiting sweep!

I'd I were Littrell I would try to sign the entire Allen team!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

I remember back in the Fry era,  Hayden went over to Carter HS here in Dallas, to recruit a player or two. Fry saw many good athletes and ended up signing about 8 players off the Carter team in one big recruiting sweep!

Years ago, a coach for a lower division NCAA team came to TJC (Tyler JC). He offered a scholarship to every single sophomore on the team.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Help someone if UNT showed up to spring practice.  I heard today was their first day at an Allen spring practice 13 days in.  I can't verify that but it comes from a coaching friend whom I trust.

10 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Help someone if UNT showed up to spring practice.  I heard today was their first day at an Allen spring practice 13 days in.  I can't verify that but it comes from a coaching friend whom I trust.

I agree, bjt we have to remember that we can be everywhere all the time.  I would love to know where our coaches are currently recruiting, and believe that they are where they think they can be most effective.  It is easy for us to assume that they aren't doing a good job recruiting because they aren't where we think they should be.

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree, bjt we have to remember that we can be everywhere all the time.  I would love to know where our coaches are currently recruiting, and believe that they are where they think they can be most effective.  It is easy for us to assume that they aren't doing a good job recruiting because they aren't where we think they should be.

Don't disagree, but if you want to pull a kid out of a Allen/Desoto type school you better have someone there every other day per the rules.  It shouldn't take till day 13 of spring ball to get to campus and see multiple Allen kids we've offered.  Just doesn't make sense DFW is too heavily recruited to do that.  Hell we have been getting D2-NAIA who have been flying here to try and get a kid or two from  DFW.  point is you can't just offer a dfw kid and think well that settles that, no you better show up as many times as allowed and recruit the heck out of that school.  Let coaches know how much you want the kid etc.  

• Upvote 1