Do not call list, holy cow.

The last 6 months my cell phone has blow up and I don't know why I don't give it out much. I finally registered on this list, everyone at my office says it works. I registered two numbers. But I was getting endless Mortgage, credit, extended car warranty, Cruise ship, alarm systems, and more. I should have done it sooner.

If anyone needs it here is the link. I might be slow to the races. 

https://www.donotcall.gov/

I have known about that site but have not pursued it. My reasoning is that being listed there might be analogous to bad guys using an un-wed mothers list for "prospecting". I chose to buy an electronic device two or three years ago that screens out robocalls and my phone does not ring. It has reduced the annoyance immensely. Friends know to push the correct button and their calls come through.

It's a great list, but there are a LOT of bad actors who ignore the DNC rules. I found the nomorobo.com service works great. It's only for land lines right now. Your phone rings once and the system scans to caller id against its list. If the number is a known telemarketer, fundraisers, etc., the call is blocked. Otherwise, the rings continue. You can white list numbers you want to get through.

17 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

It's a great list, but there are a LOT of bad actors who ignore the DNC rules. I found the nomorobo.com service works great. It's only for land lines right now. Your phone rings once and the system scans to caller id against its list. If the number is a known telemarketer, fundraisers, etc., the call is blocked. Otherwise, the rings continue. You can white list numbers you want to get through.

If I read this right 

MOBILE

Affordable protection for your smartphone.
$1.99

per device, per month

•  24x7x365 Protection
  •  No ads. No gimmicks.
  •  Stops over 446,000 robocallers
  •  Free 30 day trial!
  • iOS 10.1+ required. Android coming soon.

Looks like they have a pay option. 

Hiya does a pretty good job of blocking out robo calls on my cell.  I've been registered on the website, but obviously if it's difficult to trace the source of the call, the list doesn't do much good.

So the list blocks out reasonably reputable companies like cable and whatnot.  The apps block the unsavory.  

I've not found a reason to subscribe to anything at all. 

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

So far a huge difference joining the list, I have only had 1 unsolicited phone call in the last 8-9 days.  Hell at first I thought I broke my phone it stopped ringing so much. 

Quick, someone post an ad for free pit bull puppies on Craig's List and leave KingDL1's cell number.