WBAP's Steve Lamb Saying He's Hearing its NT vs Navy In Armed Forces Bowl

FirefightnRick

14 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

After what just transpired last Saturday I'm trying to imagine how any bowl committee could possibly gauge that?

Rick

But then they could think about the week before against Southern Miss here and assess that, too.

The UTEP game was bad--but it was their Senior Day and we aren't that good--things like this happen in college football all the time when two losing teams play each other. Last year, we almost beat UTEP at home and we were the absolute worst team in FBS by a long ways last season. UTEP didn't care about that game last season, they just wanted the season to end. This year, we knew we were going to get a bowl berth no matter what, so I think the reality is that the kids were complacent while the UTEP kids wanted to finish their season at home on a high note. It happens all the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Hmmm, I thought it was about making money for a community that hosts the bowl. And the best way to make money is get teams that travel very well, and/or teams with local interest. You know, like a team that has 100K+ alumni living in the area....that brought 30k+ to their last local bowl game. 

I agree?

I'm not sure where I gave you the impression that we have differing views.

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

ught it was about making money for a community that hosts the bowl. And the best way to make money is get teams that travel very well, and/or teams with local interest. You know, like a team that has 100K+ alumni living in the area....that brought 30k+ to their last local bowl game. 

Depends on the bowl.  A ton of them are owned by ESPN.  They only care about rating.  Some of them are run by local orgs.  For example New Orleans Bowl was started by the GNOSF, and they 100% care about selling local hotel rooms.