MGN: UTSA Post Mortem

aztecskin

This is a young team, one that has not experienced much success, a new coaching staff and a new system.  As much as I hate to lose to UTSA, part of our growing process will be to learn how to handle success.  I was a little worried about how we would react after our big road win at Army and it appears they may have read the headlines a little to much this past week.  We will have our ups and downs this year, and we, the fans, must not get too high or too low after these games and appreciate our improvement.  We beat Army in a game where we really struggled in the first half, and our mistakes caught up with us this week.

We have four games left.  Two where we will be big underdogs, La Tech and WKU, and two games that could go either way.  Going 2-2 would put us bowl eligible, but 1-3 would put us at 5-7, a record we would have all been ecstatic with at the beginning of the year.  Let's remain positive, support this team the best way each of us can and and remember this should be the beginning to the program turn around we have all been waiting on.  Go Mean Green.  Beat La Tech!

• Upvote 1

Growing pains. Fine had a bad game. He certainly doesn't deserve to shoulder all the blame as there were many mistakes made across the board. 

It ain't over 'till it's over. NT is still playing for bowl eligibility. I'm just glad this team has something positive to play for at this point in the season. 

Damn RoadRunners.....

• Upvote 1

Our offensive line is also running a totally new system, not what they were recruited to do.  Most of these lineman didn't run this style of offense in HS.  This is a big reason for our tough and challenging times both passing andy running.  This is get fix along with lots of other things but I have total confidence in this staff and the direction they have us headed.  Also, Harrell is going to be fantastic, he's having to run a watered down version due to the lack of skilled players for this type of offense. Again, this staff has done a tremendous job with less than a year on the job.  Don't worry, it's a new Denton and new expectations are in place.

Go Mean Green!