MGB: UNT hires new CFO

Brett Vito

It's like this is becoming a business or something, where quality of life and happy employees matters. Some of you guys love North Texas so much that you would do it 24/7 if you could. But how long could that last? To be attractive to the most productive people, we have to compete and be able to give people vacation days every now and then and continue on like nothing happened. It's a schedule for human beings!

Could it be that previous personnel were required to be a jack of all trades and did nothing super well or fell behind in other areas because they couldn't focus time in one area of expertise?

This to me, is just a school of our size getting our shit together. It would be hard to convince me that the AD is a bloated bureaucracy as I've worked at one and heard of all the things people within the AD were being asked to do.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 7

5 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

If the two new hires are deputy directors then that implies the same level as Hank. The Sr Associate ADs would likely report to a Deputy Dir. 

I hope the CFO hire means we are going to get aggressive on capital projects that require raising money/bonds/etc.  

Mosley is not listed as a "deputy director."  His title is "Associate Vice President and Chief Operating Officer."

• Upvote 2

I want to hear and feel rumblings about a new conference affiliation.  Everybody else is moving up, interviewing for upgrade or contacting to show interest in membership.  Perhaps this will come but until then I am just so darn impatient.  

I like power hires.  I like power hires that make waves and get people excited about the future.  Must have been my 6 years in Vegas.  Potential sucks until action and action is only validated by performance.  

Why not go bold and be excellent.  Someone in the G5 will decide to go there.  

Gash the Gator. 

GMG

• Upvote 2

She seems good.  She'll have a good perspective on how many schools run their business operations.  It's a little bit of a safe choice though.  Personally, for such a strategic position, I'd like to see someone come over from a local pro franchise or at least have some relevant business experience outside college sports.  It's nice to have some diversity of experience within the ranks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1