No excuse - C-USA Refs

I don't know why we expect anything different but I mean come on where does CUSA get these referees? Calling travels when players don't move their feet (then missing obvious travels), not checking for flagrant fouls when a player is elbowed in the face, calling a foul on a defender when the player with the ball pushes off, and letting pushes and shoves go uncalled on both sides? This is getting ridiculous. These refs are terrible and missing literally everything on both teams.  How long do we have to put up with total idiots as our referees???

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The foul differential was awful last night and like south side said the ref at the last home came completely overreacted after a bad call and have Benford a T.

Meh, Benford was way outside of his coaching 'box' and freaking out. That's going to be a tech pretty much every time. The call he was upset about was a bad one, but his reaction is almost guaranteed to be punished as well.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Coach Bill Lewis said:

I don't know why we expect anything different but I mean come on where does CUSA get these referees? Calling travels when players don't move their feet (then missing obvious travels), not checking for flagrant fouls when a player is elbowed in the face, calling a foul on a defender when the player with the ball pushes off, and letting pushes and shoves go uncalled on both sides? This is getting ridiculous. These refs are terrible and missing literally everything on both teams.  How long do we have to put up with total idiots as our referees???

YEP...they have been consistently BAD all season.  Does CUSA get all the rookies?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Meh, Benford was way outside of his coaching 'box' and freaking out. That's going to be a tech pretty much every time. The call he was upset about was a bad one, but his reaction is almost guaranteed to be punished as well.

The ref was the furthest from the call and Benford at the time of the T. I think he over reacted because of some choice words from a fan who was right by the ref.  He seemed to not be looking at Benford and then suddenly after some words were said his way by a fan he got agitated and T'd up Benford. I think the refs emotions got the best of him.

Howver, Benford is on a the floor a lot regardless of the situation.

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 2