MGB: UNT-Rice running blog

Brett Vito

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Might want to check that line up... Holston is in jeans....

Were you at the game?  Was looking for you in Green Room before the game and at half in the arena.

NT never able to completely put Rice away, but led comfortably about the whole game.  Rare overall good shooting today, Katenda now has two excellent games in a row.  Combs again with a double double.  Johnson continues to score.

This was a hard fought but sometimes sloppy basketball game. 

NT has beaten two bad conference teams, but there are not many good ones in this league this year.  Benford's complaining about fragrant fouls got him one called. 

Not too excited yet, because NT strung some good games together last year only to fall apart.  I enjoyed this game and I think many others would if they forget about their get rid of Benford agenda.  This team plays hard although not smart often, but they are fun to watch.  They also unlike some of Benford's teams look like they are having fun on the court. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

NT never able to completely put Rice away, but led comfortably about the whole game.  Rare overall good shooting today, Katenda now has two excellent games in a row.  Combs again with a double double.  Johnson continues to score.

This was a hard fought but sometimes sloppy basketball game. 

NT has beaten two bad conference teams, but there are not many good ones in this league this year.  Benford's complaining about fragrant fouls got him one called. 

Not too excited yet, because NT strung some good games together last year only to fall apart.  I enjoyed this game and I think many others would if they forget about their get rid of Benford agenda.  This team plays hard although not smart often, but they are fun to watch.  They also unlike some of Benford's teams look like they are having fun on the court. 

Good post.  Agree with everything you said.  In fact, I ran into another frequent GMG.Com poster, and he said pretty much the same thing you did in your second paragraph.  In fact, we both agreed that the substitution patterns are much much different than in Benford's first couple of years.

• Upvote 1