Sears Woods

greenjoe

Does anybody have any idea whatever happened to Sears Woods ?  He scored 3 touchdowns in the 1975 upset of Tennessee and was the Sports Illustrated player of the Week.  Where is he now ?

( I used the wrong name.  Thanks to CWB for pointing it out.)

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

I'll never forget coach Fry telling us at the weekly Mean Green Club meeting (yes, we had weekly meetings back then) to watch out for Sears Wood this season.  Said he was going to bust out and really have a big game soon.  Fry was right.

• Upvote 1

Green Grenade brought him to the Oklahoma game of either 03 or 06. He said he was living in Dallas, but I don't remember what he said he was doing. I commented that it looked as if he was still about the same weight as when he played for us, and he said that he was within five pounds. He seemed surprised that I would notice. He was also surprised that I remembered his number (20). 

But then, that's another aspect of our "culture". Every former player that I've come into contact with doesn't have any expectation that he will be remembered by a North Texas fan. And it's always surprising to them when that happens. I find that sad.

I bet Billy Sims wouldn't act the least bit surprised that an Oklahoma fan remembered his number.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2

Green Grenade brought him to the Oklahoma game of either 03 or 06. He said he was living in Dallas, but I don't remember what he said he was doing. I commented that it looked as if he was still about the same weight as when he played for us, and he that he was within five pounds. He seemed surprised that I would notice. He was also surprised that I remembered his number (20). 

But then, that's another aspect of our "culture". Every former player that I've come into contact with doesn't have any expectation that he will be remembered by a North Texas fan. And it's always surprising to them when that happens. I find that sad.

I bet Billy Sims wouldn't act the least bit surprised that an Oklahoma fan remembered his number.

Gonna miss him God rest his soul.

Rick

• Upvote 2

• 6 years later...