Jarvis Christian (11/13/15)

CMJ

looked like a few thousand to me. The students like last year are sitting all over and not in the student section.

I think that's about right...maybe 2500 at max.  No Little Dribblers and their parents skewing attendance.  Sort of disappointed in the student attendance.  Yes, they were spread out pretty much everywhere, but even so, not much student support for their fellow students...men or women's games.  I do think student and overall attendance will improve as the word gets out that this is a pretty fun team to watch.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I think that's about right...maybe 2500 at max.  No Little Dribblers and their parents skewing attendance.  Sort of disappointed in the student attendance.  Yes, they were spread out pretty much everywhere, but even so, not much student support for their fellow students...men or women's games.  I do think student and overall attendance will improve as the word gets out that this is a pretty fun team to watch.

I miss the event staff who would check tickets and get students where they need to be. Always people in my seat every game the past couple years....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

We can't brag anymore because Butler just hung 144 on The Citadel.

The school article said the attendance was 2,230, which is promising, at least against a NAIA school. I can't remember who we opened up with last year, but I know it wasn't a Division I school. But the attendance for Game 1 this year was nearly 800 more than Game 1 of last year.

• Upvote 1

We can't brag anymore because Butler just hung 144 on The Citadel.

The school article said the attendance was 2,230, which is promising, at least against a NAIA school. I can't remember who we opened up with last year, but I know it wasn't a Division I school. But the attendance for Game 1 this year was nearly 800 more than Game 1 of last year.

When was the last time that we opened with a division 1 opponent at home? Just curious how often this actually happens. Benford, JJ, Trilli.... Not sure how often I remember opening at home with a division 1 opponent.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

When was the last time that we opened with a division 1 opponent at home? Just curious how often this actually happens. Benford, JJ, Trilli.... Not sure how often I remember opening at home with a division 1 opponent.

I did the research: 2011, against Sam Houston State. But our first home game didn't come until December 10 that season.

• Upvote 1

Hm.... That seems off to me but who knows. We end up playing two a year always anyway. Either way we should be 2-0 after Monday :)

That number is even higher. Sports Reference was just making my Internet laggy and I was getting sick of it so I just stopped after examining 12 schedules. We seemed to like playing Cameron.

• Upvote 1

That number is even higher. Sports Reference was just making my Internet laggy and I was getting sick of it so I just stopped after examining 12 schedules. We seemed to like playing Cameron.

Yea I could have sworn JJ had connections with Cameron.... They were always his lower division opponent of choice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Also, did anyone watch or listen to the women's game? I had no idea they switched to playing quarters instead of halves. Maybe the men will make that change in the near future.

They tested quarters in some of the early season tournaments like Maui about 10-15 years ago...and if I recall it didn't go over very well.

I'm hoping this new shot clock leads to games with more scoring in general. 

Also, did anyone watch or listen to the women's game? I had no idea they switched to playing quarters instead of halves. Maybe the men will make that change in the near future.

Had no idea either, I had only heard about the shot clock changes. I thought the Twitter page was just making typos.