Interesting UTSA Thought - In Comparison

MGNation92

This weekend I've been in Stillwater, OK visiting my girlfriend whom is in grad school there. Consequently this was my first OSU game and UTSA was the opponent. Bogenshutz played poorly, score went up to 24-7 in OSU's favor before half. THEY PULLED HIM AND PUT IN ANOTHER GUY. Then OSU went up 48-14, guess what Larry Coker did? The third string QB got work as well. Obviously I wasn't at the UNT game today but at one point I understand the score was 38-10 rice. Just watching this happen, then later coming to realize the events of today's UNT game it's sickening to think how incompetent our coaching staff is. Especially McCarney and Canales. Wonder why UTSA has beaten us every year since joining the conference? Coker plays to win. Coker plays for the future. We play for 2-10 every season and hope for better. Ridiculous

• Upvote 5

This weekend I've been in Stillwater, OK visiting my girlfriend whom is in grad school there. Consequently this was my first OSU game and UTSA was the opponent. Bogenshutz played poorly, score went up to 24-7 in OSU's favor before half. THEY PULLED HIM AND PUT IN ANOTHER GUY. Then OSU went up 48-14, guess what Larry Coker did? The third string QB got work as well. Obviously I wasn't at the UNT game today but at one point I understand the score was 38-10 rice. Just watching this happen, then later coming to realize the events of today's UNT game it's sickening to think how incompetent our coaching staff is. Especially McCarney and Canales. Wonder why UTSA has beaten us every year since joining the conference? Coker plays to win. Coker plays for the future. We play for 2-10 every season and hope for better. Ridiculous

Smith & Greer were warming up when rice was inside the 10yd line & threatening to score. After a 4th & 1 stop I saw DSmith strapping his helmet on and heading onto the field like he was going out. Then for some reason McNulty went back out. He did throw a 90yd pass for a TD after but it was garbage time by that point, IMO. I did see Greer throwing and strapped up, too. So I'm not sure who would've gone out after the 4th down stop: Smith or Greer.  

• Upvote 1

*Sigh* Yes, that Greer.  Well, maybe he's "not the same Greer" (which is what we'll probably hear if he gets put in), but really...damn.  I hope for the best for every one of these guys, and I hope that every one of them improves a thousandfold, but I'm not going to be my usual optimistic self until I see some results.  Andy looked a lot better than expected today, and I'm glad for that, and hope that he keeps improving, whether he remains the starter or not.  

And next week, hometown hero Andrew McNulty goes back to Iowa City with a chip on his shoulder, hoping to take down the rather well-known and respected program that didn't give him a chance, coached by the guy who began his career there and then made a name for himself by taking them down when coaching a bunch of underdogs...a win there could be movie-worthy (well, maybe Hallmark Channel Movie of the Week worthy, but worthy nonetheless).  I'd love to see something amazing happen there next week, I really would, but my hope doesn't always mean that I'll get what I want.  Honestly, I'd like to see McNulty win there next week more than I'd like to see any of the other guys get a win there, period.  I just worry that it will end up as a dud and that my excitement will be wasted.

• Upvote 1

Smith & Greer were warming up when rice was inside the 10yd line & threatening to score. After a 4th & 1 stop I saw DSmith strapping his helmet on and heading onto the field like he was going out. Then for some reason McNulty went back out. He did throw a 90yd pass for a TD after but it was garbage time by that point, IMO. I did see Greer throwing and strapped up, too. So I'm not sure who would've gone out after the 4th down stop: Smith or Greer.  

I specifically saw Smith warming up at the point you mentioned, but not Greer.  Greer still had his red cap and vest on. 

It would have been Greer.  Someone was catching the ball for Greer.  Not so for Smith at the other end.

That's not correct.   My seats are 9 rows off the field.  Smith was warming up right in front of me at the point mentioned above, not Greer.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I specifically saw Smith warming up at the point you mentioned, but not Greer.  Greer still had his red cap and vest on. 

That's not correct.   My seats are 9 rows off the field.  Smith was warming up right in front of me at the point mentioned above, not Greer.  

He was throwing with Greer.  Greer had a guy catching Smith's throws and Smith did not have a guy.  Greer's body language appeared that it was him, not Smith, ready to go in. As upsetting as that is.

He was throwing with Greer.  Greer had a guy catching Smith's throws and Smith did not have a guy.  Greer's body language appeared that it was him, not Smith, ready to go in. As upsetting as that is.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.   The guy I saw catching Smith's passes didn't have a helmet on (nor baseball cap) and was sporting an upper 2 digit number on his jersey...not Greer.