Hear me out

GMG24

I did not say that he did anything wrong, or assumed he did. I was only saying that I assume we could help former players out more than them being salesman of pillows inside of stores. I have no idea if Sarge loves what he does or not, if he does good for him. I am not judging in anyway. My father is a car salesman, and so is my brother. So, before you get on here and call someone a pretentious jackwagon try reading the post. Maybe in my thought I was not as clear as i could have been. I only meant for it to be something positive. I know friends who were former athletes (not at NT) at schools much larger, and once they graduated received no help in getting jobs, building resumes, or anything. Really sad deal when you stop and think about how much time and effort these kids put into a school.

• Downvote 1

I went to Sam's the other day in the DFW metroplex. I had to shop for my MS concession stand, as I was walking through the store I saw "Sarge" a former NT football player selling pillows from a pop up sales table within Sams.

If we really wanted to separate ourselves out, why would we not keep a running tally of where we sent our athletes to get jobs and how they were doing? Lay that down on mom and dads table and say look what we do for our student athletes when they graduate. I was very disappointed that this was the best we could do for someone like "Sarge" after all he did for the university. Now, I am not saying we did not help him, and he didn't mess it up. I have no idea.

However, it made me really stop and think.

"Why not North Texas, why not find a way to set yourself apart from all the other middle tier G5 schools?"

What is your current job, money bags?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

In re-reading my post, I should have been more clear with the first sentence and why I was writing it.

I have NO problem with Sarge doing what he does, rather it was meant for a conversation starter on one way to really set our recruiting apart from other colleges.

If the people on this board new me in real life they would know that was the last thing I meant for this to come off as. My apologies, continue.

I am a Middle School Teacher and Coach. I don't make a lot of money nor have a lot of time to spend with my family. However, I love what I do. Again, did not mean for the comment to come across the way it did.

In re-reading my post, I should have been more clear with the first sentence and why I was writing it.

I have NO problem with Sarge doing what he does, rather it was meant for a conversation starter on one way to really set our recruiting apart from other colleges.

If the people on this board new me in real life they would know that was the last thing I meant for this to come off as. My apologies, continue.

I know you meant well with your statement. I like that you want us to take care of our own-especially with someone as deserving as the player your mentioned. It simply can get a little messy with how we determine success because it is simply defined in many many different ways.

Here's the problem: You want "Sarge" to be like you. He's not, so you judge him and say he messed up. WTF? Sarge may be just fine and dandy working as Sams. Further, Sarge is likely fine without you using him as a recruiting tool, as you described doing. Sarge may have struggled and is just getting back on his feet. Sarge probably doesn't need pretencious jack wagons judging his plight...

grumpy-cat-slow-clap.gif

• Upvote 1