Sunday night recruiting notes Part II

Harry

I mentioned earlier in the night that I was hoping to get in touch with a couple of players who committed to UNT this weekend.

I did end up talking with Shawn McKinney, the center who played for Trinity Valley JC last year.

McKinney is a mid-term transfer who was offered by Central Arkansas, Grambling, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Jackson State and Southeastern State.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/12/sunday-night-recruiting-notes-part-ii.html/

If Boone is not ready to go (and apparently he isn't) McKinney is a quick fix. He was second team All-Conference so he should have some ability. Lord knows, he has size.

I'm not sure that he has the quickness to play defense but I'd wager that he has the strength. What a physical specimen. He played in high school at Hubbard, a 1-A school so I doubt that many, if any, could handle someone his size. He might have a place on the goal-line stands as a nose tackle.