Shameful Stuff From UT Players Last Week!

KRAM1

Heard from a player's Mom yesterday at the SMU game that at Texas the week before, the Texas players were digging down in the turf to collect those little rubber pellets and were then tossing the pellets in the eyes of Mean Green players! This "stuff" can really cause problems....especially if you wear contact lenses! Can you imagine trying to play with gravel in your eyes? I can't. Our players told the refs more than once, but refs refused to do anything about it. Players told their coaches, but still UNT could not get it stopped.

That is really shameful and low class behavior. I really doubt that Coach Strong at UT endorsed such actions!

Crappy way to play...sorry for them...low class actions...very low class! If this happened, and I have no reason to doubt the source of the information, Coach Strong needs to be made aware of this so he can make sure it stops!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think a lot of us who never played college football would be shocked at what went on at the bottom of big pile ups.

We should have thrown it right back in there eyes if the refs weren't calling it.

I just wonder how I missed them continually standing up and throwing it over the center into our QBs' eyes all night...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just wonder how I missed them continually standing up and throwing it over the center into our QBs' eyes all night...

Ha! Indeed. The extent of my playing was 5A tx hs at Temple but it's always nasty in a pile...eye digging, nut punching nastiness. I can only imagine what goes on in 4 additional yrs to get creative under those things.