2014 Recruiting losses?

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_intent.cfm?sid=11&collegeid=1435&slid=5&category=Intent

I was looking at Kilgore JC 2014 signings and noticed

Chris Chumley (maybe Caleb)

Fonzale Davis

O'Keeron Rutherford

Lots of other familiar names too...

i know Caleb Chumley has a cousin that is a quarterback for longview so maybe it's another Chumley that is related.

That's not Caleb. His cousin for Longview is Dez, but Chris may be related as well.

Davis and Rutherford have been on the borderline for grades. Mac even said so on signing day. H-Town is right about the double signing.

What does concern me is how late they signed. They double signed with Kilgore in May. I hope that doesn't mean as they got closer to graduation they realized they may not qualify and had to double sign. Hopefully they qualify.

Edited by BillySee58

I honestly don't believe that #80 O'Keeron Rutherford and #81 Fonzale Davis would have been assigned those numbers if they were not going to be here. Yes, Vito did say that all reported.

As a grayshirt, Chumley could be a problem although I don't think so. He won't report this fall and sits out this season. He will be here the spring semester. No previous mention has been made of scholastic problems and, indeed, I find it hard to believe that a player with the intelligence to play quarterback would have a problem with academics unless he didn't take the proper core curriculum.

• 3 weeks later...