New Roster Numbers Are Out

There are more tiers than 2 in Florida. UCF has established themselves as a strong 2nd tier, and USF is right with them based on past success and conference affiliation. FIU & FAU along with everyone else is sit at the 3rd tier. To put UCF and USF along with FIU & FAU in the same tier of recruiting is misinformed. Just my opinion.

Ucf and usf aint close to osu, tech, Baylor, and tcu. Thier conferences arent either. Usf and ucf are equal to UH and SMU. Maybe even Rice if you are considering academics.

I put out recruiting tiers a few months ago. Not many states have to deal with many levels like recruiting in Texas. Its not a good comparision.

In Florida, you have fsu, Miami, and Florida. If they havent gotten in touch with you, you know where you stand.

In Texas you have lsu, UT, am, ou at the top. You still have tech, Baylor, osu, tcu, as a strong second tier. These schools are some kid's dream school and you can get a good recruit to commit early to these schools.

To get 3 stars (or higher) to commit and not wait for bigger conference schools, UNT has to become a recruits favorite school. That is going to take some time. A few winning seasons, and UNT can become a second tier school to Denton area athletes.

You make it seem like out of state schools don't recruit Florida. All of the SEC schools recruit Florida, as well as the ACC, and schools all across the country. That creates more tiers. Either way, those tiers are not end all, be all.

I'm not saying I was expecting us to be outrecruiting Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, and schools like that. Our coaches have more to pitch now and perception has improved. It's not night and day different, but we were all hoping for improvement in our recruiting. Even Coach Mccarney has said so. But, to this point, we haven't seen that.

Look at the offer lists of the players committed to those schools I mentioned. You'll see some players committed with no offers, a few other lower-tier offers, and kids with P5 offers. But which schools have offered those commits is not the most important thing.

These schools (FAU, La Tech, West. Michigan, etc) are getting kids to pull the trigger and either not hold out for bigger offers or choose them over bigger offers. If you've been reading Vito's recruiting series, 90%+ of those kids have stated that they will wait out the process.

Not saying that we won't have a good class, or that we won't have an improved class. But to this point we still do appear to be behind the curve in recruiting.

I'm usually on the "give it time" train of thought but recruiting has changed. The fact that we only have one commitment at this point is concerning.

Exactly. It's not just the big schools anymore that get commits during the spring and summer.

And yes 90, other schools are proving that we may be behind the curve in recruiting and it's not just because we aren't in a big conference or that we haven't had a lot of success on the field lately. Still plenty of time. Just a little disappointing, like you said. No need to be in panic mode.

FWIW: Vito says we may be getting a commit after this weekend is over. Not sure if that's speculation or if he knows something.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/06/friday-afternoon-notes-satellite-camps-to-wrap-up-unt-hoops-visitors.html/

Edited by BillySee58

My bad. For some reason was thinking he was there for the fall and this spring. Forgot he just signed. Seems like so long ago.

I had to go back and check before I posted. Lol!

He also could have been a December grad being that he was a top student in his class, also. Maybe Billy can renind us.