How to Talk to Your Child About Michael Sam...A Short Video

Well done and pretty funny.

Having said that, it's a bit sad that Michael Sam has to be mentioned in the same narrative as all those dregs-of-the-earth

NFL players just so that all the knuckle dragging homophobic dimwits out there can (hopefully) gain a bit of perspective on the subject.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

Having said that, it's a bit sad that Michael Sam has to be mentioned in the same narrative as all those dregs-of-the-earth

NFL players just so that all the knuckle dragging homophobic dimwits out there can (hopefully) gain a bit of perspective on the subject.

Ah, name calling of those that disagree with your opinions. I'm shocked.

Funny video. It would be accurate if ESPN covered those crimes live in their draft special...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 12

Gosh, I'm sensing some intolerance there. Pot might want to back off the kettle

• Upvote 4

Ah, name calling of those that disagree with your opinions. I'm shocked.

Funny video. It would be accurate if ESPN covered those crimes live in their draft special...

Sadly and shockingly, some people seem to wear "knuckle dragging dimwit" as a badge of honor. So, it wouldn't be name calling it would be a "shout out"......... B)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Sadly and shockingly, some people seem to wear "knuckle dragging dimwit" as a badge of honor. So, it wouldn't be name calling it would be a "shout out"......... B)

No, it's name calling, and the liberal calling card to shout down any opposing opinion to the agenda.

Call them stupid. Call them bigots. Marginalize an intelligent conversation about the subject.

Congrats for doing it twice in one thread.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 7

No, it's name calling, and the liberal calling card to shout down any opposing opinion to the agenda.

Call them stupid. Call them bigots. Marginalize an intelligent conversation about the subject.

Congrats for doing it twice in one thread.

Conservatives (and their homophobic toadies) can have an intelligent conversation about this subject?

And BTW, I never shout (except at NT football games).....I needle.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

Anyone, including yourself, is more than welcome to start one.

So you can call us homophobic, knuckled dragging idiots?

No thanks.

I'll do what most of America does on this subject:

Keep my mouth shut to avoid being labeled while showing how I really feel in the voting booth.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

Don't use the term homophobic unless you know what it means. Just because you don't like spiders doesn't mean you have arachnophobia

Phobias are basically "irrational fears". Since some spiders (and two of them live in this area) are quite poisonous, keeping your distance from them is not "irrational". However, since getting into close proximity to someone who is gay, on a regular basis, will not cause you to suddenly become gay, I'd say that

"homophobia" is more of a true "phobia" than "arachnophobia".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

So you can call us homophobic, knuckled dragging idiots?

No thanks.

I'll do what most of America does on this subject:

Keep my mouth shut to avoid being labeled while showing how I really feel in the voting booth.

Nope. Most knuckle dragging idiots usually make a great case for their label with their own words.......grunting them or otherwise.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...... B)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Phobias are basically "irrational fears". Since some spiders (and two of them live in this area) are quite poisonous, keeping your distance from them is not "irrational". However, since getting into close proximity to someone who is gay, on a regular basis, will not cause you to suddenly become gay, I'd say that

"homophobia" is more of a true "phobia" than "arachnophobia".

Nice straw man. I doubt very many people at all who oppose homosexual practices do so because they are afraid of "catching gayness." We oppose it because it's wrong.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

I think we can all agree that this thread is tailor-made for the Pie forum.

Would that be warm apple pie or mince meat?

BTW one of the things I love about my current firm is that we have several openly gay dudes and chicks at all levels. Some with domestic partners and children. It is so nice to go to work and remember that one lifestyle size does not indeed fit all.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2