UT tickets now available

NT03

Man, I gotta call B.S. on UT for ripping people off on this shit. I did a double-take on the $100 ticket price because I'd never seen anything that crazy in all our years of going to the big "body bag" game on our schedule. For anyone who thinks this price is remotely close to prior years, um, no. Because I am a packrat (like the namesake I guess), here's the price on the ticket stubs for sitting in the UNT crowd for the previous 3 years of big games:

Alabama 7/17/11 Section MM $45.00

LSU 7/1/12 Section 612 $40.00

Georgia 7/21/13 Section 101 $45.00

Texas 8/30/14 $100.00

yeah, um, one of these #'s is out of line? Anyone want to take a wild-ass guess at which one it is? But, hey, I get it. Texas is Texas and ticket prices at bottom-feeder schools like Alabama, LSU & Georgia should be cheaper. Besides, everyone knows the SEC is a weak conference.

I misplaced my ticket but if my memory serves me, the tickets for our last game there 8 years ago (2006) were $50 or $60. I guess they like to feel elite with their high ticket prices.

My favorite memories from the 2006 game were Woody Wilson's touchdown pass and Chuck Norris.

• Upvote 1

Sorry but students will not pay $100, even for UT. They were moaning about 20 dollars or whatever it was for a bowl game..

But seriously. It's always been a thorn in my side when I hear a student who says they don't feel like pay "that much" (i.e. anywhere from free-$40/ticket) to see UNT play. Hopefully the new kids who have only known the Dan McCarney era will have a greater sense of pride and show support.

• 4 weeks later...

from rws69 in the season ticket thread:

Seats are in section 32 visitor seating section at the end of the visitor sideline. Eighty rows in that section.

the North Texas allotment is officially in section 32. Apparently we have eighty rows in that section...I'm guessing that's the whole section.

Just an update for those who are wanting to make the trip down to the capital and want to sit in or near the Mean Green section.

Can't wait!! GMG

• Upvote 2

Yes -- this isn't going to be your typical UT opener -- this will be Strong's first game and there will be a lot of UT fans interested in seeing how his team plays. Not saying it will be a sell out but it could be close.

Yeah, it will be pretty close to a sell out. No doubt.

• Upvote 1