GMG.com Bracket Challenge

JesseMartin

I went for some crazy upsets but it seems like all of the unlikely ones BUT those I picked worked out. I had Providence, NC Central, Tennessee, NC State...at least Tennessee won. I don't think 8s and 9s count as upsets though, huh? Because I think most everybody picked Pitt.

Interesting we have never done it that way but I suppose it makes sense. Although on the other hand it does not because a game is a game.

Basketball is a game; filling out brackets based off of the tournament layout is a derivative of the game and really you can make up any rules you want. The point of awarding more points for picks further into the tournament is to reward thought into your picks making it deeper into the tournament.

Edited by UNTFan23

I had Nova in the Final Four as well. I often root against my bracket for the upsets sake, but I genuinely dislike UConn, so I didn't even have the joy of that going for the game.

LOVED seeing Dayton get to the Sweet 16. Harvard was right there at the end...thought they might pull it out too.

• Upvote 1

I lost 3 of my E8 in Kansas, 'Nova and Duke.

F4 still intact

With the exception of my OU over NDSU pick, my West is flawless. So, there's that. My South is shot to hell, but everything will be okay as long as Florida comes out alive.

The Yahoo Sports app for this Pick'm...not sure if I like it or not.

I lost 3 of my E8 in Kansas, 'Nova and Duke.

F4 still intact

With the exception of my OU over NDSU pick, my West is flawless. So, there's that. My South is shot to hell, but everything will be okay as long as Florida comes out alive.

The Yahoo Sports app for this Pick'm...not sure if I like it or not.

Kansas losing knocks one out of my elite 8.

Really, just about the worst school a Mid Major power could lose to in that situation, would be the Kentucky Wildcats with their history of cheating and dubious "legal" recruiting practices. I didn't actually think Wichita would win the whole thing, but losing to UK of all teams makes me ill.

• Upvote 1

As loaded as the Midwest bracket was predicted to be I've only missed three of those picks, which is better than I've managed in the other three brackets.

Edited by UNTFan23

I actually only missed 2 in the Midwest...the real problem is that I had Duke winning out till losing to Louisville in the regional finals, so that added 2 more missed games that haven't even been played yet :(