GMG.com Bracket Challenge

JesseMartin

Isn't this round being played in Dayton? I considered putting them as an upset pick but Ohio St. just seemed like a strong enough pick that it wouldn't matter. Oh well...fingers crossed for the rest...

Isn't this round being played in Dayton? I considered putting them as an upset pick but Ohio St. just seemed like a strong enough pick that it wouldn't matter. Oh well...fingers crossed for the rest...

No, the First Four is played in Dayton every year.

On your phong?

On my computer. It was the only way I could watch NT play - since that was still before they had every game on a network and you watched the one they put on for you (CBS did a decent job with the Live Look-ins, but it's crazy to think we couldn't use to make up our minds like now).

On my computer. It was the only way I could watch NT play - since that was still before they had every game on a network and you watched the one they put on for you (CBS did a decent job with the Live Look-ins, but it's crazy to think we couldn't use to make up our minds like now).

CBS did a TERRIBLE job with the look ins. When the 1st and 2nd round games were on ESPN, they did a GREAT job with the look ins.

CBS did a TERRIBLE job with the look ins. When the 1st and 2nd round games were on ESPN, they did a GREAT job with the look ins.

I rarely had complaints with CBS. Usually when you game was bad - you were sent somewhere else. Unless a Texas team was on or something.

Not saying ESPN did a bad job, but I honestly don't remember. CBS had exclusive coverage of the tournament since 1991. The first NCAA tourney I remember watching was 1987, and the memories are pretty hazy (I was nine). It probably wasn't till the 1990 tourney that I watched the whole (or most) thing to be honest.

Edited by CMJ

No, the First Four is played in Dayton every year.

That must be what I read. I think the Dayton game was in Buffalo.

I picked Harvard as an upset last year...I'm starting to wonder if I should have stuck with them as an upset pick again this year.

I rarely had complaints with CBS. Usually when you game was bad - you were sent somewhere else. Unless a Texas team was on or something.

Not saying ESPN did a bad job, but I honestly don't remember. CBS had exclusive coverage of the tournament since 1991. The first NCAA tourney I remember watching was 1987, and the memories are pretty hazy (I was nine). It probably wasn't till the 1990 tourney that I watched the whole (or most) thing to be honest.

ESPN was fantastic, cutting in perfectly to bring you a last second winning shot. Fantastic timing. When the 1st and 2nd round went to CBS, they were gadawful forever (about the first 7 or so years), cutting to games after the climactical moment occurred, cutting away from games that were about to have a climactical moment, and leaving you watching a 25 point blow out if that game was assigned to your "market."

These were the days of one channel coverage. CBS never got it right until they put all the games on separate channels. Even now I find myself beating them to the punch for a "look in" by simply changing channels.

The early 90s were VERY frustrating for hardcore tournament fans.

Old man rant over.

See, my memory is that CBS always went live to the end of the game for a buzzer beater. ALWAYS. Hell, I know I saw all of Gonzaga's magical 1999 run live...and Dallas didn't get any of those games as the "featured" contests. But i saw the end of all of those games.

Edited by CMJ

See, my memory is that CBS always went live to the end of the game for a buzzer beater. ALWAYS. Hell, I know I saw all of Gonzaga's magical 1999 run live...and Dallas didn't get any of those games as the "featured" contests. But i saw the end of all of those games.

I think it is one of those not appreciating what you never had things. ESPN had it before they were bought out by ABC sports, I believe. I remember the extreme frustration and yelling at the TV "switch games" when seeing a score and time left of other contests in the first several years of CBS coverage.

I know this isn't just old man yelling at cloud, as the group I get together with to watch the 1st round games (doing so after lunch tomorrow) makes the same comments every year.

Maybe we are just all old.

Are you the one that didn't make any picks?

I hope not... I thought that I did. I never looked at it. Since I have been married I do not pay much attention to any sports. (Especially basketball because she hates it). I use to know every team but now it's a crap shoot haha. I just know I didn't pick Harvard, Oregon or Dayton.

• Downvote 1

Their head coach's quote about, if they win the National Title they'd have a winning record cracked me up.

I hadn't seen that, but it sounds about right. Was he trying to be funny?