Who Starts Spring With Huddle 1?

BillySee58

Who goes out with huddle 1 first in team drills? Taking into account players out with injury. Notable guys out at least for the beginning of the spring include James Jones, Austin Orr, Reggie Pegram, and probably a few more. Can't confirm who exactly will be out or limited for spring.

• Upvote 1

McNulty at QB

JimJim RB

Y'Barbo, Lemon, Kirby, Rentfro, McKinney OL

Marcus Smith TE

Terrell, Kidsey, Harris, Caldwell WR

Lincoln and Sir Calvin at DT

Brown and Mason at DE

Akunne, Ellis, Wallace at LB

Lee and Zed Evans at Safety

Buyers and Whitfield at Corner

McNulty at QB

JimJim RB

Marcus Smith TE

Brown and Mason at DE

Whitfield over James Jones? Disagree

Sir Calvin. Nope

Sed in the middle at LB? Hmmm….Im not sure about that either.

Akunne and Wallace at LB for sure but maybe not on the outside.

James Jones just had intestine surgery, so Whitfield would be a good bet, and Fred at MLB why not?? Young guy in there with 2 stud athletes on his outside to help ease that process. I agree with these spring game starters.

Whitfield over James Jones? Disagree

Sir Calvin. Nope

Sed in the middle at LB? Hmmm.Im not sure about that either.

Akunne and Wallace at LB for sure but maybe not on the outside.

I didn't put the linebackers in order, Sed is outside of course...

Sir Calvin got more reps than any other nose technique that is available to my knowledge...

I did mine on available for spring, Jones Orr etc are out...for medical reasons

I didn't put the linebackers in order, Sed is outside of course...

Sir Calvin got more reps than any other nose technique that is available to my knowledge...

I did mine on available for spring, Jones Orr etc are out...for medical reasons

Yeah, wasn't thinking about medical issues. My bad.

You may be right about Zero's reps but everything Ive seen/heard is that he is a part-timer. Mac isn't going to accept that. Every hand is "all-in" if you play poker with Mac.

• Upvote 1

First of all, thanks for the response Harry. One thing I'd say about corner is that I could see the coaches giving Chad Davis a shot in James Jones' spot. Whitfield and Buyers both have played on the far side of the field thus far in their careers, and Jones plays on the short side. I could see Davis starting out over their, even though Whitfield has more experience. Although they could try Whitfield on the short side.

That'll be interesting to watch, as will be offensive and defensive tackle. Is A Johnson out? And would they start Sir Calvin, despite the workout reviews, or are we reading into them too much?

• Upvote 1

Sir Calvin will be a play maker this season, and I am willing to bet a slice of Pizza as we say in my PE class (between coaches) on it. If you can't guess what a slice of pizza is then well our conversations will be done.

• Upvote 1

First of all, thanks for the response Harry. One thing I'd say about corner is that I could see the coaches giving Chad Davis a shot in James Jones' spot. Whitfield and Buyers both have played on the far side of the field thus far in their careers, and Jones plays on the short side. I could see Davis starting out over their, even though Whitfield has more experience. Although they could try Whitfield on the short side.

I could see the new coaches moving some things around. Just depends on how much input they get. Having NFL experience I can see them wanting more speed and athleticism. Wouldnt be shocked to see j. Marshall moved back to DB with his 4.4 speed. The defense is about to be a lot faster than last year.

McNulty at QB

JimJim RB

Marcus Smith TE

Brown and Mason at DE

I agree for the most part, but I might go with Orr or Moore over Wallace at DT and I think Warner will be there before Evans at safety.

• Upvote 1

I agree for the most part, but I might go with Orr or Moore over Wallace at DT and I think Warner will be there before Evans at safety.

Agreed -- let me state for the record I was under the impression Orr was out for Spring. It will be good to get a final injury report tomorrow so we will know who is actually in play.

Sir Calvin will be a play maker this season, and I am willing to bet a slice of Pizza as we say in my PE class (between coaches) on it. If you can't guess what a slice of pizza is then well our conversations will be done.

PE teachers bettin' weed. classic.

The thing about Moore over Wallace at DT, is that you'd be asking Moore to play nose, and he only weighs about 250 lbs on the roster. That's tough for a 3-technique at that weight, let alone a nose. But I am excited about Moore. Loved his film.

Warner may start over Evans, but it'd be surprising to me if Warner started out with the 1s. At least at the beginning of spring, since he was injured all last year.

• Upvote 1

LOL weed…. really? a friendly adult beverage = pizza and if you have a problem with PE teachers come out and say it. We aren't on the front lines of saving $ out of your pocket because every other American will be diabetic without an intense intervention on PE's behalf for the next generation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2