The amount of UT talk has been way too high and the only scenario I'd ever be okay with us talking this much about them would be if we end up in the Big 12 with them (not holding out much hope on that one). I don't have anything personally invested in these talks other than the fact that they're our first opponent next year.

I took what was supposed to be a playful shot at 09 and it escalated quickly. I'd love for both the Texas talk and the insane projections of success to dry up a bit as we finish recruiting. I'd also consider cutting off a finger or toe if it meant we beat them later this year.

I avoid so much and so many on here now, I forget how easy is it to get beaten down by constant responses by a small group or individuals, so fist bump?

I took what was supposed to be a playful shot at 09 and it escalated quickly. I'd love for both the Texas talk and the insane projections of success to dry up a bit as we finish recruiting. I'd also consider cutting off a finger or toe if it meant we beat them later this year.

I avoid so much and so many on here now, I forget how easy is it to get beaten down by constant responses by a small group or individuals, so fist bump?

Naw it didn't escalate. You pose a fair statement. With so much coverage from rivals and 247 sites it's easy to fork over some money to get info and claim it yours just to look like a big shot.

I could careless how I look. I don't get paid to get info so I would never make people pay for info. I don't use those sites for my info. I have people that I trust that I turn to for info. When I get it and its relevant to UNT I'll pass it a long.

All the UT talk is bc we are playing them at a unique time. A time when we are trending up and they are going through major changes.

I felt the OC + DC info was relevant bc those are the guys we will preping for in our opening game. I know whoever they pick I'm going to study so I can get a feel for what we can expect come Aug 31st next year.

Edited by Mean_Green09
  • Upvote 2

Haha, yeah. And I think it escalated more quickly to you just because you know the song and dance that often happens on this board where a minor disagreement or jab goes on for pages on end. But yeah, I'll be damned if that happens while talking about freakin UT. I hope that occurs less on this board as our success and overall happiness around the program improves.

But seriously, the main argument on this board right now is whether or not we can beat UT in Austin. And the reason why this is even a legitimate argument is because we are coming off a 9 win season in which we played a then-top 10 team from the SEC in the Georgia Bulldogs to a 21-21 tie in the third quarter. We could be arguing about a lot worse things.

But yes, Mac has completely got the players to buy into the idea that there are no moral victories no matter who you play and that anything less than a win is disappointing. He's always gotten us up for these "money" games and we've come closer each time to winning (41-0 Alabama, 41-14 LSU, 35-21 K-State, then the Georgia game). K-State may not have technically been a money game, but you get the point. They really do believe they have a chance, so there's no harm in us believing in this optimism since this era has already proven to not be one of false hope.

• Upvote 1

Haha, yeah. And I think it escalated more quickly to you just because you know the song and dance that often happens on this board where a minor disagreement or jab goes on for pages on end. But yeah, I'll be damned if that happens while talking about freakin UT. I hope that occurs less on this board as our success and overall happiness around the program improves.

But seriously, the main argument on this board right now is whether or not we can beat UT in Austin. And the reason why this is even a legitimate argument is because we are coming off a 9 win season in which we played a then-top 10 team from the SEC in the Georgia Bulldogs to a 21-21 tie in the third quarter. We could be arguing about a lot worse things.

But yes, Mac has completely got the players to buy into the idea that there are no moral victories no matter who you play and that anything less than a win is disappointing. He's always gotten us up for these "money" games and we've come closer each time to winning (41-0 Alabama, 41-14 LSU, 35-21 K-State, then the Georgia game). K-State may not have technically been a money game, but you get the point. They really do believe they have a chance, so there's no harm in us believing in this optimism since this era has already proven to not be one of false hope.

The Mean Green has definitely got me believing. I don't know if we win in Austin, but we might. And I'm not thinking, "I hate these kinds of games" anymore. They're each a great opportunity to step into the light as a program.