Possible positional changes?

Harry

I'll get this started. I honestly think they will look long and hard at putting Chris Loving and Wylie Rheinhardt on defense. Both have played it before.

Could Aaron Wallace play defensive end? Hey anything is possible right? Need a big body to replace Sarge.

McNulty to safety? Any takers?

I'll get this started. I honestly think they will look long and hard at putting Chris Loving and Wylie Rheinhardt on defense. Both have played it before.

I could see Reinhardt on the D-line. It's where I figured he would be when he came here, and considering where the numbers are and aren't, I'm surprised he wasn't put on the D-line from the get-go.

Loving may have played D-line, but he could be a star at tight end.

I would certainly be surprised to see both of them moved.

Could Aaron Wallace play defensive end? Hey anything is possible right? Need a big body to replace Sarge.

That name seems to be giving you fits. :) It's Anthony. And 235 lbs. really is not a big body, probably not enough to be an every-down DE. If we have a 4-star LB, I just don't understand why we would move him somewhere where he would perform at a lower level.

McNulty to safety?

If all our non-senior QBs stay, and if both Means and Greer make it to campus, surely someone has to be moved. If Brock is not top 2 at QB, he has the athleticism to be moved to another position--maybe slot (or even outside?) receiver or safety. McNulty to safety would also make sense.

Cooper Jones back to qb. Let's not sell ourselves short with the competition at qb.

Okay, all joking aside, I think Harry hit at the major possibilities on the line, and that's where a move would be most likely. I think Reinhardt said on his twitter that he came in around 280 and is now down to 250-255. Seems like the coaches really want him at tight end.

We don't really need any changes at the skill positions, although maybe Tucker or Jarvis move to running back with us having potentially just 2 scholly backs in the spring if Pegram and Rollins are still out. They seem kind of buried at defensive back.

How about a trade? Quartaro trades Reinhardt to Nelson for Fleusche.

I believe we could take a high school & JUCO defensive lineman with last two spots. We may only have one spot left but if Xavier Washington of Cedar Hill & a guy like Brandon Thorpe of Highland CC want to pull the trigger you have to find a way to get them here. I sure would like to have Terrell Brooks(played in 4 games for Baylor this year) & Dylan Mcdorman on the roster going in to 2014. There's not much you can do about a bad attitude or injuries though. On the bright side there are a bunch of guys who haven't seen the field yet waiting in the wings. Most have been redshirted and given time to develop, hopefully a couple of them will be able to hold their own next season.